second-largest city in Florida, United States of America
Miami is a major city in and the seat of Miami-Dade County. It is the cultural, economic and financial center of South Florida in the United States. The city covers an area of about 56 square miles (150 km2) between the Everglades to the west and Biscayne Bay to the east. Miami is the sixth most densely populated major city in the United States with an estimated 2019 population of 467,963. The Miami metropolitan area is home to 6.1 million people, the second-most populous in the southeastern United States and the seventh-largest in the nation.
|This geography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The thing that's really cool for me about Miami Beach is you have this dichotomy between sunlight and family and happiness and innocence and then at night, darker, stranger mob conspiracy stuff sort of comes out. It seems like a storytelling engine. You can just keep writing about how those two worlds smash into each other.
- Mitch Glazer, Creative Minds: Mitch Glazer talks 'Magic City' and 1950s Miami, The Los Angeles Times (30 March 2012)
- I've got to mash to the 3-0-5. I get G'd like I want to in Miami, you understand me? I put that on my Grammy.
- Sir Mix-a-Lot, "Jump on It" (1996), Return of the Bumpasaurus, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Regent Music Corporation
- No further victims have been found, as you've heard. The numbers are the same as they were yesterday; 127 have been accounted for... One hundred and fifty-nine unaccounted for. Four confirmed dead
- Miami-Dade County mayor Daniella Levine Cava Surfside condominium collapse Rescue and relief operations (Jun 26, 2021)
- Encyclopedic article on Miami on Wikipedia
- Encyclopedic article on Fort Lauderdale at Wikipedia