Maynard Owen Williams
|This article about a journalist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The uniform of polish uhlan makes even the youngest, inexperienced boy looks like he's made from steel.
- National Geographic, august 1926
- There is drama in the very air of the place, and I want to be there recording it for the Geographic.
- At the Tomb of Tutankhamen (1923)
- It is costing much money here, a thing I regret. But you will get your money's worth. My legs curse you. But my heart says 'Thank you'.
- from a letter to John Oliver la Gorce, the Geographic's assistant editor (1923)
- Never grieve for me if it is my good fortune to die with my boots on. That's what I most hope for.
- in a letter to Gilbert Grosvenor, editor of the National Geographic (1948)