Mavis Moyo (17 July 1929) Mavis Moyo is a veteran broadcaster of Radio Zimbabwe (ZBC Radio 4) and a founding member of the Federation of African Media Women Zimbabwe (FAMWZ 1985). During the 1980s and 1990s she was leading a project, which became known as Development Through Radio (DTR) across Zimbabwe and the entire Southern African region.
- "I will go and talk to the experts and we will teach you how to make oil on radio."
- . Moyo, M., & Quarmyne, W. (1994). (unpublished article). The Development Through Radio (DTR) Project (Zimbabwe) - A Communication and Development Model.
- "What you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass."
- She advised women scientists to think globally and act locally
- "Sow a thought, and you reap an action, sow an act and you reap a habit, sow a habit and you reap a character, sow a character and you reap a destiny."
- On opening the minds of members to look at life and way of living critically so that they yield positive results and be the change they want to be.