|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- One of the reasons that schools don't teach the civil rights movement particularly effectively, is because we don't do a very good job of teaching the history that made it necessary, which is our long history of slavery.
- As quoted in Why Schools Fail To Teach Slavery's 'Hard History' (February 4, 2018) by Cory Turner, NPR
- Maureen Costello's profile at Teaching Tolerance
- Maureen Costello's profile at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Maureen Costello at Academia.edu
- Maureen Costello at Google Scholar