Maryam Mirza-Khani (May 3, 1977 – July 15, 2017) was an Iranian-American mathematician and a professor of mathematics at Stanford University. Her research topics include Teichmüller theory, hyperbolic geometry, ergodic theory, and symplectic geometry.
- The beauty of mathematics only shows itself to more patient followers.
- I don’t think that everyone should become a mathematician, but I do believe that many students don’t give mathematics a real chance.
- Interview with Research Fellow Maryam Mirzakhani | january 2008 [specific citation needed]
- It's not only the question, but the way you try to solve it.
- Interview with Research Fellow Maryam Mirzakhani | january 2008[specific citation needed]
- I think it's rarely about what you actually learn in class it's mostly about things that you stay motivated to go and continue to do on your own."
- Maryam Mirzakhani press conference after winning Field's Medal | august 2014 [specific citation needed]