Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is a 2006 video game, produced by Activison and written by C.B. Cebulski. The game is based on superhero characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The player controls a team of superheroes who work under the command of Nick Fury to battle Doctor Doom.
- (Explaining his origin) The day my father Odin banished me from Asgard, I was bitten by a radioactive vampire and had radioactive waste dumped over my eyes. To make matters worse, my mutant ability to control weather activated just as I was hit by a blast of gamma radiation. Nah, actually I got this way by volunteering for the Weapon X program. They promised to cure my cancer. And they cured it all right, by giving me an outrageous healing factor. Then they labeled me psychotic and tossed me into a prison lab. So I escaped and became what some people might call a "mercenary". I prefer the title "cleaner of the gene-pool". And I've made a lot of good friends along the way: like Arcade. He's always sending me to his amusement park.
[The scene begins at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier U.N.N. Alpha, which is under attack]
- Nick Fury: What the hell is goin' on? Where's our air support? Get those forward guns going! Why aren't those rear batteries firing? Somebody get General Wilson on the horn!
- Doctor Doom: [on the screen] Colonel Fury.
- Nick Fury: Doom! I'll have your head for this.
- Doctor Doom: I have little time for your petty threats, Colonel. Surrender your ship now, or I shall destroy it.
- Nick Fury: Not on my watch. [After touching some bottons on his glove; talking to a microphone on it] This is a priority alert to all meta-humans. U.N.N. Alpha request inmediate assistance.
[Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine are teleported to the deck of the Helicarrier by Thor]
- Captain America: Thor, take care of those gunships! Spider-Man, draw them towards the stern!
- Spider-Man: Sure thing. [Attached his webs to a flying gunship.] I just love being the target. [Webs the gunship] WOOHOO!
- Captain America: Wolverine...!
- Wolverine: Stow it, boy scout. I don't take orders from you. [Jumps, unsheathes his claws and attacks the pilot and the gunmen of a gunship]
[Thor destroys a gunship of Ultron warriors with his enchanted hammer Mjolnir and is struck on the back.]
- Thor: Soulless machine! How dare you strike the son of Odin! [With his hammer he destroys the gunship]
- Spider-Man: [After seeing Thor] Show-off. [Crawls at the top of a gunship and gets to the pilot] Ah, excuse me. Is this the ferry to Staten Island? [The pilot tries to attack him, but Spidey dodges his punch and webs a pair of gunmen to crash them each other; realizing the gunship is going to crash] Uh-oh. [Jumps where Captain America is fighting, before the gunship hits the Helicarrier]
- Spider-Man: Hey Cap, looks like you-- whoa! [Dodges Cap's shield and sees how he finishes the robots by his own] ...could use some help. [After seeing how Wolverine is destroying all the robots on one gunship, while he laughs and crashes] That dude scares me.
[Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man regroup with Wolverine, who has survived the crash with no great deal of harm, save for a piece of metal in his side which he removes.]
- Wolverine: [after realizing the three are looking at him] What are you girls lookin' at?
[Spider-Man, Wolverine, Thor and Captain America find themselves in a white, foggy room after a confrontation with Dr. Doom, who seemingly destroyed them with powers of the Norse God Odin]
- Spider-Man: Am I dead? Why does heaven smell like a wet dog? [looks next to him and sees Wolverine] Oh, wait. Never mind.
- Wolverine: [growls at Spider-Man]
[The booming sound of Uatu the Watcher sounds behind the heroes. Wolverine unsheathes his claws from the surprise.]
- Uatu: I am Uatu, the Watcher. I prevented your deaths, for you are needed to save this universe. Listen closely, mortals. Doctor Doom's unrestrained use of Odin's power will soon tear the fabric of reality beyond repair. I have broken my sacred vow to only observe so that I may give you this one chance to save your world.
- Thor: Who can stand against the power of Odin? Even the Gods of mighty Asgard have fallen!
- Captain America: Doom's power seems unlimited, but you must know a way to stop him.
- Uatu: Yes, there is a chance. But, it will be difficult. First, you must acquire a shard of the M'Kraan Crystal, a Shi'ar gem of fantastic power. Next, you must acquire another object of great power, and it will take all your strength and skill. You must face the world-eater known as Galactus.
[During the Mephisto's Realm mission, if the player's team has rescued Nightcrawler]
- Nightcrawler: Nein! Jean! That...that should have been me. Why didn't you save Jean?
- Active Hero: Nightcrawler, I'm sorry. There wasn't enough time.
- Nightcrawler: I would have gladly sacrificed myself. You knew that and you let Jean die. How could you?
- Professor X: Nightcrawler, please calm down. This is not the time for a display of anger.
- Nightcrawler: You are quite right, Professor. There is a score to settle with Mephisto.
- Professor X: No, there is not, Kurt. You are to return to home base at once. I'll not have you jeopardizing this mission.
- Nightcrawler: I see. If those are your orders, then I will comply.
- Active Hero: You have my condolences, Professor Xavier. I know Jean was special to you.
- Professor X: Yes...yes, she was, but it is up to you to give her death meaning. Stop the Masters of Evil before any more lives are lost.
[During the Mephisto's Realm mission, if the player's team has rescued Jean Grey]
- Jean Grey: Kurt! No! Kurt! I...I can't believe it! Kurt's...dead!
- Active Hero: Jean, I'm sorry. We had to choose to free one of you.
- Jean Grey: I know. I don't blame you. It was an impossible choice. Come on, I've got a score to settle with Mephisto.
- Professor X: No, Jean, you are to return to home base immediately.
- Jean Grey: Professor, maybe you don't realize it, but Kurt just died.
- Professor X: And that is precisely why you are to return. In your present state, you are a liability to the team.
- Jean Grey: But, Professor, don't you...very well. If you say so.
- Active Hero: You have my condolences, Professor Xavier. Nightcrawler was a good man.
- Professor X: Now is not the time for remorse. Make Kurt's death mean something. Stop the Masters of Evil before any more lives are lost.
- Active Hero: You seem a little tense.
- Spider-Man: Gee, I can't see why... Dr. Doom's in control of an army of supervillains and the Black Widow is working for him.
- Active Hero: It's not that bad.
- Spider-Man: Are you off your meds? The only thing that would make this worse is if the Earth would be destroyed to make way for an intergalactic highway!
- Active Hero: Do you really think the Black Widow's a traitor?
- Spider-Man: Of course she is. Hey, I've been at this superhero game long enough to know that the hot chicks always turn evil... Probably because evil pays better.
- Active Hero: Why don't you tell Colonel Fury about her?
- Spider-Man: If one of Nick's little S.H.I.E.L.D. agents has turned to the dark side, then Nicky'll have to figure it out for himself.
- Active Hero: It's your responsibility to tell Colonel Fury about the Black Widow.
- Spider-Man: No, it isn't.
- Active Hero: Yes, it is. You have great power, and with great power there must also come...
- Spider-Man: [angered] If you finish that sentence, I'm gonna put so much web in your hair you'll have to shave your head!
Dark Thorː Halt, for you now face the might of Thor, son of Odin. Dark Spider-Manː And don't forget me, your fiendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Active Heroː You're not Thor or Spider-Man. You're Doom's evil copies of them. Dark Spider-Manː I prefer to think of us as the next generation-bigger and badder. Active Heroː If you really think you are Thor, then give us your hammer so we can free Odin. Dark Thorː Nay thee I say. Dr. Doom has decreed that my father must remain imprisoned, so there he must stay. Dark Spider-Manː Of course, you're welcome to try and take the hammer from him. I dare ya. Come on, you know you want to.
- Silver Surfer: This is quite an extraordinary occasion-one Galactus will not soon forget.
- Active Hero: I think it's going to stay with us a while too.
- Nick Fury: Thanks for your help, Silver Surfer. Now that you've got the Muonic Inducer, it's time we brought you people home.
- Radioactive Man: Now you are trapped. We will teach you the true meaning of pain.
- Winter Soldier: You made a big mistake coming here-one you're ever gonna have a chance to repeat.
- Active Hero: Winter Solider and Radioactive Man, why are you working together?
- Winter Soldier: You're in for a world of surprise, my friend. The Masters of Evil have teamed its members up in combinations that even your combined powers can't handle.
- Radioactive Man: Yes, all the better to crush our enemies.
- Active Hero: Well, if you're looking for a fight, you've found it.
- Winter Soldier: Good. At least you've got guts. I hate fighting cowards.
- Radioactive Man: Yes, I too enjoy a good battle. Now, let the fight begin.
- Ancient One: Who would dare disturb my meditation?
- Deadpool: Grampy! Is that you? Wow, you got a lot older. And uglier too!
- Ancient One: You buffoon! I am not your grandfather! I am the Ancient One, teacher of Dr. Strange.
- Deadpool: Are you sure? You're really grouchy just like Grampy was.
- Ancient One: Yes, I am quite certain I am not related to you, you idiot!
- Deadpool: Gee, Grampy used to call me that. Usually after I woke him up from a nap by shoving an ice cube down the back of his shirt.
- Ancient One: Please be silent! I know that you heroes have banded together to battle the Masters of Evil. Let Dr. Strange know that I will be watching over you.
- Deadpool: I'll tell him. Thanks, Grampy!
[During the Helicarrier mission, if the player's team includes Daredevil]
- Bullseye: If it isn't my old buddy Daredevil! Hope you aren't still angry over me killin' your gal pal Elektra.
- Daredevil: Bullseye, I'm not a vengeful man... but in your case, I'd make an exception.
- Bullseye: Hey, it's not like I did it for fun! I had to prove I was a better assassin than Elektra!
- Daredevil: You proved a lot of things that day. None of them good. Now get out of my way. We have to use that navigation console.
- Bullseye: You aren't stopping that missile I launched because I hold the only access card to the computer!
- Daredevil: I can't see how it's going to be a problem taking that card away from an egotistical blowhard like you.
- Bullseye: Now there you go gettin' angry at me. I just hate it when people get angry... It makes me all... violent!
- Daredevil: Then come on. Try getting violent with me.
- Bullseye: Heya, Daredevil. I was just saying hello to your little girlfriend here. I don't think she's feeling too good.
- Daredevil: If you've hurt her, I am not gonna be responsible for my actions, Bullseye.
- Bullseye: By all means, don't be responsible. I want you to do your worst. That way I'll be able to brag to everyone that I really beat you.
- Daredevil: What is it with you? Why can't you give up this sick fascination with me?
- Bullseye: Ah, what can I say? I've always been that one itch I've never had the chance to scratch.
- Daredevil: That does it, Bullseye. The gloves are off, and you're going down.
Nick Furyː That wasn't the most graceful battle I've ever seen, but you saved the helicarrier. Thanks, team. Active Heroː Just doing our job, Colonel Fury. Nick Furyː When you're done in that area, come back to the bridge. We're moving everyone to Stark Tower before we begin our next mission. Active Heroː Our next mission? What are you talking about? Nick Furyː Come back to the bridge, and you'll find out.
- Baron Mordo: This is an outrage! How dare Loki and Doom leave us behind!! I'll not stand for it!!!
- Ultron: This is not an unforeseen outcome. They now each get what they desire without having to share the spoils with us.
- Baron Mordo: We'll just see about that. All we have to do is guess which spear is truly Odin's. That will open the barrier.
- Ultron: Can you use your power of mind control to get the Elf to choose for us?
- Baron Mordo: It is all too simple for the Master of Magic. Go, Elf. Choose a spear for your master Baron Mordo.
- (The elf chooses the wrong spear, the enchantment destroys him)
- Ultron: An unfortunate outcome.
- Active Hero: What's wrong? Outlived your usefulness to Loki and Doom?
- Baron Mordo: How did you get here? You shouldn't have been able to cross the bridge!
- Ultron: Evidence suggests differently. Let us battle them!
- Loki: My, my, my, what an unexpected surprise. But don't you know it's not safe up here on Raven's Peak... at least not for the likes of you.
- Active Hero: You've got nowhere to run, Loki. Hand over Odin now.
- Loki: Sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what's happened to Daddy dearest. You see, Dr. Doom has him.
- Active Hero: Then what are you doing here?
- Loki: I seek to take control of the Destroyer Armor. But I require four god-swords to free it from its prison of ice.
- Active Hero: What's the Destroyer Armor?
- Loki: It is a magical shell created by Odin. The wearer's consciousness is pulled inside, leaving their body outside, in a frozen state. The Destroyer Armor is so powerful that even the mighty Thor cannot defeat it.
- Active Hero: Then we'll just have to stop you before you succeed.
- Loki: I invite you to do your best, but know this... I will possess the Destroyer Armor!
Mandarinː You impetuous foolsǃ How dare you enter my palaceǃ Ms. Marvelː Chill out, Mandarin. We're not happy about being here, but there's a few questions we need the answers to. Mandarinː I am no commoner for you to question whenever you wishǃ Begone, or I will destroy you, Ms. Marvelǃ Ms. Marvelː Sorry, no can do. We saw you in Atlantis, and we need to know why you were there. Mandarinː I have no time for your senseless ravingsǃ Ultimo will deal with youǃ
- Scorpion: I was hoping I could find someone being heroes. Seems like I hit the jackpot.
- Active Hero: Scorpion! What are you doing here?
- Scorpion: I'm working for the biggest group of villains this world has ever seen...The Masters of Evil.
- Active Hero: Who's in charge?
- Scorpion: That's the best part of all. We're led by the man himself... Doctor Doom!
- Active Hero: What's he want with this Heli-carrier?
- Scorpion: If you only knew. cause Doom's got a plan that's gonna shake the heavens.
- Active Hero: Talk, Scorpion or you're in for a world of hurt.
- Scorpion: You wanna get tough, punks?! Good. Cause so do I.
[During the Omega Base mission, if the player's team includes Wolverine]
- Dum Dum Dugan: Wolverine, never thought I'd be so glad to see your ugly face.
- Wolverine: You keep up with all this sweet talk, Dugan, and you're gonna make me blush. Now what's the story here?
- Dum Dum Dugan: A knockout gas was spread through the ventilation system of the base. I woke up to Dr. Doom demanding I bring Colonel Fury here or he'd ram the Omega into Vondrak Dam.
- Wolverine: Well the tin man must've forgotten his part of the bargain, 'cause the base is headed straight for that dam.
- Dum Dum Dugan: I should have known. It was stupid of me to believe him.
- Wolverine: Don't sweat it. If it weren't for your message, we wouldn't have come at all. Then where'd everyone be?
- Dum Dum Dugan: I suppose you're right. But our time's running out. Get me to the primary engineering control room and I'll stop the Omega before it can do any damage.
[During the Omega Base mission, if the player's team includes Iron Man]
- Crimson Dynamo: Yes...this is better than I could have hoped - my old adversary, Iron Man!
- Iron Man: Glad to see you remember me, Crimson Dynamo. It's been a while since I kicked your tin-plated butt.
- Crimson Dynamo: You will not defeat me this time. My new battlesuit is superior to your armor.
- Iron Man: Could have fooled me. You look like something from the early 1960s.
- Crimson Dynamo: Mock me while you can still draw breath, Iron Man. Soon you will be silenced forever.
- Iron Man: You never could take a joke...or a punch.
[During the Omega Base mission, if the player's team includes Spider-Man]
- Spider-Man: Mysterio...jeez, it's good to see you. Still got a fish bowl for a head, I see.
- Mysterio: Spider-Man, do you always have to be a half wit?
- Spider-Man: Oooh, now that hurt. And speaking of getting hurt, step away from those plans before I have to get medieval on you.
- Mysterio: You idiot. Why do you think SHIELD has plans for Ultron?
- Spider-Man: I thought everyone had 'em. I got some this morning in a box of cereal.
- Mysterio: These plans are upgrades. The "good guys" want to capture Ultron so they can rewrite his programming and turn him into a SHIELD weapon.
- Spider-Man: That's impossible. Ultron is sentient - reprogramming him is illegal.
- Mysterio: Yes, it is. But all I care about are these plans. Ultron wants them for the weapon upgrades.
- Spider-Man: If your Ultron gets weapon upgrades, then my Ultron will want weapon upgrades, and that just won't do.
- Mysterio: I've heard enough of your babbling!!
[During the Murderworld Mission, if the player's team includes Storm]
- Senator Kelly: I know you. You're Storm, one of the X-Men. So, it's finally come to this, eh? You mutants have stooped to kidnapping.
- Storm: We did not kidnap you, Senator; an assassin named Arcade did.
- Senator Kelly: Don't try to fool me. I know you staged this just so I'd be grateful to you.
- Storm: Senator, why would I waste my time trying to change the opinion of a narrow minded zealot like you?
- Senator Kelly: Because I'm powerful and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep mutants in their place.
- Storm: I'm well aware of what you're willing to do to control mutants. But, since you don't trust me, feel free to leave on your own. I would warn you though, this place is called Murderworld for a reason.
- Senator Kelly: I'm not about to wander around here unprotected. I'd be dead inside of ten minutes.
- Storm: Then why don't you hide in a safe place while we try to find a way out? I'll send a SHIELD team to get you once the danger is over.
- Senator Kelly: That sounds reasonable. But you better send that SHIELD team, or so help me you'll live to regret it.
[During the Murderworld Mission, if the player's team includes Invisible Woman]
- Invisible Woman: Jean, you have to stop. Somehow, Arcade is controlling you, forcing you to attack us.
- Jean Grey: But I don't want to stop, Sue, don't you see? I want to use my powers to their fullest, to destroy everyone who lied to me and tried to keep me helpless.
- Invisible Woman: You don't mean that. You're a kind and gentle person, who believes in helping, not hurting.
- Jean Grey: The new me is all about causing pain.
- Invisible Woman: That's not true. Arcade must be using some type of machine to control your mind. He's just using you to hurt us.
- Jean Grey: Then Arcade won't be disappointed because that's exactly what I plan on doing.
[During the Muderworld Mission, if the player's team includes Wolverine]
- Jean Grey: Wolverine...I just had the strangest dream...I was trying to kill you at a carnival.
- Wolverine: Look around, Red. It wasn't no dream. Somehow that nutball Arcade was controlling you. Are you all right now?
- Jean Grey: Other than a few bumps and bruises, I'm fine.
- Wolverine: I hate to rush you but have you got any idea where they're keeping Nightcrawler?
- Jean Grey: The last time I saw Kurt, Dr. Doom had him hooked up to some kind of power amplifier.
- Wolverine: That must be that Mutant Amplifier they swiped from the Omega Base.
- Jean Grey: I do remember Arcade was there with Doom. If you can find Arcade, I'm sure he can tell you where Nightcrawler is.
- Wolverine: Sounds like a plan, Jeannie. You stay here and rest up. We're gonna track down Arcade and have a few laughs with him.
[During the Shi'ar Mission, if the player's team includes Storm]
- Lilandraː Storm, what are you doing here?
- Stormː We've come to save you, Lilandra. Don't worry, we'll have out out of there in a minute.
- Lilandraː Forget about me. The self-destruct mechanism my sister activated is about to detonate. You have to save the ship.
- Stormː Charles would never forgive me if I let you die in that torture chamber.
- Lilandraː Please, I'm begging you, Storm. Don't let this ship be destroyed.