American-Czech female tennis player
- People who are rich want to be richer, but what's the difference? You can't take it with you. The toys get different, that's all. The rich guys buy a football team, the poor guys buy a football. It's all relative.
- Martina (Alfred A. Knopf, 1985), p. 210.
- Whoever said, "It's not whether you win or lose that counts", probably lost.
- Quoted in Newsweek, vol. 109 (1987), p. 47.
- I've been asked who I would pay to watch to play tennis, and Roger would be one of the few.
- Quoted in "Federer's touch of class", The Age (July 4, 2004).