- Sex: In America an obsession. In other parts of the world a fact.
- Marlene Dietrich's ABC (1962)
- Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.
- Most women set out to try to change a man, and when they have changed him they do not like him.
- The legs aren't so beautiful, I just know what to do with them.
- There’s something about an American soldier you can’t explain. They’re so grateful for anything, even a film actress coming to see them.
- Jungs! Opfert euch nicht! Der krieg ist doch scheiße, Hitler ist ein idiot! (message in a pro-allied propaganda broadcast) Translation: Boy! Do not sacrifice yourself! The war is but shit, Hitler is an idiot!
- She is brave, beautiful, loyal, kind and generous
- Ernest Hemingway, a dear friend and rumored lover (the latter denied by Marlene)
- In your voice, we hear the voice of the Lorelei. In your look, the Lorelei turns to us.
- Whoever knows her and has been able to experience her has experienced perfection itself.