Mark of the Vampire
1935 film by Tod Browning
Undead...yet living on the Kisses of Youth! (taglines)
- We must all die. There's nothing terrible about death, but to live on after death, a soul earth-bound, a vampire. You don't wish any such fate for your beloved.
- [Referring to vampires] There is no more foul or relentless enemy of man in the occult world, than this dead-alive creature spewed up from the grave.
- Irena Borotyn: I felt her deadly cold breath on my throat. I must have fainted. I knew no more.
- Inspector Neumann: I know. We all thought our vampire scheme was so simple, so certain of success. We never thought we'd fail.
- Innkeeper: I'm sorry gentleman and lady, but it will be best for you to stay here tonight.
- Ronnie - Englishman at Inn: Come now, my good man. You can't frighten us. We've been over your foul roads before.
- Innkeeper: Please, you do not understand. It is not the road. It is the darkness. Here, our doors are protected with bat thorns.
- Ronnie's Wife: What is with all this bat thorn business?
- Innkeeper: It keeps them out. They're afraid of it, the demons of the castle.
- Maria: Yes! Yes! He had a white face! A dead white face with burning eyes, and a ghastly wound on his head.
- Prof. Zelin: It was Count Mora.
- Maria: Yes! Yes!
- Inspector Neumann: Have you been drinking?
- Maria: No! No, sir! If I have, I hope to choke on the next one!
- Prof. Zelin: This is no time for levity!
- Count Mora: This vampire business, it has given me a great idea for a new act. Luna, in this new act I will be the vampire. Did you watch me? I gave all of me. I was greater than any real vampire.
- Luna Mora: Sure, sure, but get off your makeup.
- Fourth Vampire: Yes, and help me with some of this packing.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|