Marion Zimmer Bradley
American novelist and editor
|This on article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Science fiction encourages us to explore... all the futures, good and bad, that the human mind can envision.
- As quoted in The Faces of Science Fiction (1984) by Patti Perret
The Door Through Space (1961)Edit
- A trail without beginning has no end.
- Chapter 5.
- If you can’t be inconspicuous, be so damned conspicuous that nobody can miss you. And that in itself is a fair concealment. How many people can accurately describe a street riot?
- Chapter 7.
- Our world is rotten, but I’ve no confidence that the new world will be better!
- Chapter 9.
The Mists of Avalon (1983)Edit
- “To know you are ignorant is the beginning of wisdom,” Viviane said. “Then, when you begin to learn, you will not have to forget all the things you think you know.”
- It was a long season of mourning and there were times when I wondered if I should mourn all my life and never again be free of it; but at last I could remember without weeping, and recall the days of love without unending sorrow welling up like tears from the very depths of my being. There is no sorrow like the memory of love and the knowledge that it is gone forever; even in dreams, I never saw again his face, and though I longed for it, I came at last to see that it was just as well, lest I live all the rest of my life in dreams…but at last there came a day when I could look back and know that the time for mourning was ended. (Morgaine)
- Lancelet said, “And I must believe that man has the power to know the right, to choose between good and evil and know that his choice has made a difference…”
- My love for you is a prayer, she thought. Love is the only prayer I know. She thought she had never loved him so much as at this moment, when she heard the convent door close, hard and final, and felt the wall shutting her in. (Gwenhwyfar).
Sharra's Exile (1981)Edit
- "Only men laugh, only men dance, only men weep" - Saying on Darkover, quoted by Lew Alton