Marion J. Levy Jr.
|This article about a sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A comparative social science requires a generalized system of concepts which will enable the scientific observer to compare and contrast large bodies of concretely different social phenomena in consistent terms.
- To know thyself is the ultimate form of aggression.
- Marion J. Levy Jr. in: University of Chicago. Graduate Program in Hospital Administration, University of Chicago. Center for Health Administration Studies, 1971. p. 90
- The fundamental problem posed by modernization is whether human animals can adjust as readily to longevity, affluence, and peace as they have in the past to shortgevity, poverty, and war.
- Marion J. Levy Jr., cited in: Frances Carol Locher, Ann Evory (1978), Contemporary Authors: A Bio-bibliographical Guide to Current Writers. p. 371
Quotes about Marion J. Levy Jr.Edit
- Marion J. Levy Jr. [was] a scholar of sociology and international affairs who wrote about modernization theory, which seeks to explain why some societies undergo rapid economic development and corresponding social change.
- Eric Pace. "Marion Levy Jr., 83, Authority On the Modernization of Societies," New York Times, June 17, 2002