Marc Anthony (born Marco Antonio Muñiz September 16, 1968) is a New York-born Puerto Rican singer, actor, fashion designer, producer and philanthropist.
- ...I was born and raised in Spanish Harlem and lived in New York most of my adult life. My life, my music and career started here. The fact that I no longer live in New York doesn’t mean I don’t consider this amazing city my home. I walked and lived in these streets for most of my life...
- On loving his hometown of New York City despite moving his musical operations elsewhere in "Concert Spotlight: Interview With Marc Anthony" in New York City Monthly (2016 Jul 29)
- To my mom, I was a pain in the ass. To my dad, I was the light of his eyes. And to me, I was awkward," he said. "I had glasses. I weighed two pounds. My dad always told me, and as God's honest truth, 'Son, we're ugly. Work on your personality.'
- On the advice that his father gave to him at a young age in "Marc Anthony: I regret not being a stay-at-home dad" in CBS News (2016 Apr 29)
- Each song is like a short movie...And each character is different.
- On his songs and performing in "Marc Anthony: Speaking his mind" in CBS News (2016 May 1)
- I'm from the streets of New York," he said. "I have a tattoo in my handwriting that I say: Those who say, don't know. Those who know, don't say. Your power and influence is largely based on what a steel trap your mouth is."
- On why his remains intensely private about his personal life in "Marc Anthony: Speaking his mind" in CBS News (2016 May 1)