Mani Shankar Aiyar
Mani Shankar Aiyar (Tamil: மணிசங்கர் அய்யர்) ( April 10 , 1941 - present) is a former Foreign Minister of Indian Foreign Service and leader of Indian National Congress Party. It was 1991 , c. 1999 and c. 2004 Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu state mayiladuturai was elected to the Lok Sabha as Congress candidate from the Lok Sabha. He was 2004 to AD During the year 2009, the Manmohan Singh government looked after Petroleum Minister, Panchayati Raj Minister and Sports Minister.
- Give my word, Modi will never be PM in the 21st century, if he wants to sell tea here (AICC meet), we can arrange for it.
- The Kashmiri Pandits left the Valley in droves in 1990 because they were corralled and herded out like cattle by the cowboy-Governor of the day....
- Mani Shankar Aiyar, quoted in Elst, Koenraad (2014). Decolonizing the Hindu mind: Ideological development of Hindu revivalism. New Delhi: Rupa. p.251
- Mani Shankar Aiyar totally condemns one of Arun Shourie's books, and then goes on to declare that he has decided not to read it : "Shourie gave the final touches to the manuscript of his book on Islam, a work so vicious and perverted that every English speaking Muslim I know was outraged... I decided then to show my solidarity with secularism by not reading the book." (The book he refers to, is apparently Shourie's Religion in Politics, a very sane and sober look at several Scriptures in the light of reason.)
- Mani Aiyar, quoted from Elst, Koenraad. Ayodhya and after: issues before Hindu society. Voice of India. 1991.
- The proportion of Muslims will remain stable "bar a decimal point up or down from time to time, at 11.2 per cent" [until at least the mid-21st century].
- Prediction made by Aiyar in 1993. M.S. Aiyar: "Sex, lies and tushtikaran", Sunday, 24-1-1993. [But even the conservative estimate for 1991 (not yet published at the time of his writing) already refuted his prediction by putting the Muslim population more than 1% higher.] Quoted from Elst, Koenraad. (1997) The Demographic Siege
Quotes about AiyarEdit
- Aiyar wants the public to believe that the Kashmiri Pandits are so unintelligent that they left their comfortable homes and beautiful Valley at the instance of a pied piper called Jagmohan, and not by the militants' strategy of 'killing one and frightening one thousand'. He ignores the hard fact that eminent Kashmiri Pandits had been butchered before I took over.
- Jagmohan: Setting the recored straight, Sunday, 7.11.1993, quoted in Elst, Koenraad (2001). Decolonizing the Hindu mind: Ideological development of Hindu revivalism. New Delhi: Rupa. p. 57