Mambwe-Lungu is a language traditionally spoken by the Mambe and Lungu people around southern Lake Tanganyika.
- Once a drunkard always a drunkard.
- English equivalents: Once a drunkard always a drunkard; Once a thief always a thief.
- "If you always tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
- Attributed to Mark Twain in Many Hearts Beating as One: Some Favorite Inspirational Quotes (2009)
- Halemba, Andrzej (2005). Religious and ethical values in the proverbs of the Mambwe people. Adam [Printer]. p. 286. ISBN 8372326274.