American folk singer
- Train whistle blowin',
Makes a sleepy noise;
Underneath their blankets
Go all the girls and boys.
Rockin', rollin', ridin',
Out along the bay,
All bound for Morningtown,
Many miles away.
- Song Morningtown Ride
- And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.
- Song Little Boxes
- Love is something if you give it away,
Give it away, give it away.
Love is something if you give it away,
You end up having more.
It's just like a magic penny,
Hold it tight and you won't have any.
Lend it, spend it, and you'll have so many
They'll roll all over the floor.
- Song Magic Penny
- If you are a piano,
You will laugh on ev'ry string,
And if you are a girl or boy,
- Song There's Music In The Air
- They don't know my head's full of me
And that I have my own special thing,
And there's no hole in my head.
- Song No Hole In My Head
- Little man stood at the Mayor's door,
No one had ever seen him before,
Dressed in clothes of a gayer mood
Than ever are seen in Hollywood.
- Song The Pied Piper
- There was a little boat sailed down the river,
Hull was a cup and sail was a feather,
Cum peedle ump pump pay.
- Song Little Boat
- I don't mind failing in this world,
I'll stay down here with the raggedy crew,
'Cause getting up there means stepping on you,
so I don't mind failing in this world.
- Song I don't mind failing in this world (1966)