Mahmoud Abbas (Arabic: محمود عباس) (born March 26, 1935), commonly known as Abu Mazen (ابو مازن), was elected President (Ra'ees) of the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) on January 9, 2005 and took office on January 15, 2005.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have at least 12 security apparatuses that cannot be controlled by anybody.
- Interview in Newsweek (20 July 2004) by Dan Ephron
- The little jihad is over, and now we have the bigger jihad - the bigger battle is achieving security and economic growth.
- Campaign speech in Gaza City (20 August 2005), quoted in New York Times (21 August) Hamas Pushing for Lead Role in a New Gaza by James Bennet
- From here, our people begin the march towards establishing an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital
- Speech at the Gaza City harbour on the occasion of Jewish settler withdrawal (12 August 2005), quoted in BBC News, "Gaza boats mass to mark pullout"
- Today we are visitors to the airport, tomorrow we will come here as travellers.
- Speech at Yaser Arafat International Airport (19 August 2005)