Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
German architect (1886-1969), the last director of the Bauhaus
|This Architect article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- God is in the details.
- "On restraint in Design" in The New York Herald Tribune (28 June 1959)
- Less is more.
- adopted by 1947 as a precept for Minimalist design and architecture.
- I don´t want to be interesting, I want to be good.
- Architecture is the will of an epoch translated into space.
- Architecture starts when you carefully put two bricks together. There it begins.
- . "Symmetry is the aesthetics of the stupid." Mies van der Rohe (allegedly) (2017-11-12). Retrieved on 2018-01-21.