London After Midnight (film)
1927 lost film directed by Tod Browning
- Directed by Tod Browning. Written by Waldemar Young, based on Browning's short story "The Hypnotist".
The Man of a Thousand Faces in a Great Detective Thriller! (taglines)
- Miss Smithson: Honest, Sir James... they're dead people from the grave! Vampires is what they are!
- Sir.James Hamlin: Professor Burke is to be our house-guest, Williams. Have rooms prepared for him.
- Professor Edward C. Burke: It's unnerving, Mr. Hibbs! The new maid swears to your Uncle that she saw living dead people in the Balfour house!
- Sir.James Hamlin: Burke, I've called you in again because I believe these strange people leasing Balfour's house link up with his death.
- Professor Edward C. Burke: We found his note... and his own pistol beside him! That's suicide, isn't it?
- Sir.James Hamlin: Then what can it all mean? Mysterious people! Lights! Weird noises! And come... see this!
- Sir.James Hamlin: Burke... look! It is Roger Balfour!
- Sir.James Hamlin: Come, Burke! We're helpless before such creatures as these!
- Arthur Hibbs: For one who doesn't believe in vampires, you've taken a sudden interest in them!
- Professor Edward C. Burke: Perhaps it's for the same reason that you did, Mr. Hibbs! Be brave, my dear. Follow my instructions tonight. Young man, I'll take one of your cigars... and have a little talk with you. I've suspected you for a long time, Hibbs.
- Arthur Hibbs: Yes? And I've suspected you!
- Professor Edward C. Burke: Lucille, I am going to reveal to you that your father did not die by suicide!
- Lucille Balfour: You can't mean that someone killed my father!
- Professor Edward C. Burke: am going to ask you to put yourself in my hands... to do whatever I say... no matter how trying it may be. I want you to promise to keep this a secret... from everyone.
- Lucille Balfour: Mr. Burke, you make me feel that I should trust you... that you are my friend.
- Arthur Hibbs: What was he saying to you?
- Lucille Balfour: I can't tell you! Please don't ask me!
- Arthur Hibbs: I don't trust him! Why wouldn't he let Uncle send for the police last night? And now he is getting you under his spell!
- Lucille Balfour: Oh, Arthur... he says that someone killed my father!
- LON CHANEY in a great Scotland Yard Mystery
- The Man of a Thousand Faces in a Great Detective Thriller!
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|