Live and Let Die (film)
1973 film by Guy Hamilton
Live and Let Die is a 1973 film about James Bond's 007 attempt to stop a diabolically brilliant heroin magnate armed with a complex organization and a reliable psychic tarot card reader.
- Directed by Guy Hamilton. Written by Tom Mankiewicz, based on the novel by Ian Fleming.
Roger Moore is James Bond taglines
- [after finding a feathered hat in the cabin, Rosie Carver looks fearful, but Bond tries to console her] Don't worry darling, it's just a hat, belonging to a small-headed man of limited means, who lost a fight with a chicken.
- Tee-Hee, on the first wrong answer from Miss Solitaire, you will snip the little finger of Mr. Bond's right hand. Starting with the second wrong answer, you will proceed to the more... vital... areas.
Sheriff J.W. PepperEdit
- [after stopping Kananga's henchman Adam for speeding] You gotta set of wheels that just won't quit, boy! If they's yours that is...[Adam reaches for his gun but Sheriff Pepper draws his first] UH-UH! Spin around boy! Ten fingers on the fender. Legs apart. I take it this ain't exactly your debut at this sort of thing. You picked the WRONG parish to haul ass through BOY! NOBODY cuts and runs on Sheriff J.W. PEPPER! And it's him who's speakin' by the by.
- [Looking at a funeral procession, led by a marching brass band]
- MI6 Agent Hamilton: Whose funeral is it?
- Bystander: Yours. [Stabs him. The six pallbearers carrying the coffin break from the procession, stop over Hamilton's corpse and lower the coffin over the body. When they lift it up, the body has disappeared, into the coffin. They rejoin the procession, at which point the tune becomes lively and the crowd erupts into dancing.]
- M: I'm sure the over-burdened British taxpayer would be fascinated to know how its Special Ordinances section disperses its funds. In future, Commander, let me suggest a perfectly adequate watchmaker just down the street. [Bond activates the watch magnet, drawing M's teaspoon to it] Good God!
- James Bond: You see, sir, by pulling out this button, it turns the watch into a hyper-intensified magnetic field. Powerful enough to even deflect the path of a bullet - at long range, or so Q claims...
- M: I feel very tempted to test that theory right now!
- Mr. Big: [to his men] Is this the stupid mother who tailed you uptown?
- James Bond: There seems to be some mistake. My name is...
- Mr. Big: Names is for tombstones, baby! Y'all take this honky out and WASTE HIM! NOW!
- [Bond has just explained the first two Lover's Lessons to Solitaire]
- Solitaire: Is there time before we leave, for Lesson number 3?
- James Bond: [undressing] Of course. There's no sense going out half-cocked.
- Sheriff J.W. Pepper: [to Bond] There's that son of a bitch. I got him. [to Felix] What are you? Some kinda doomsday machine boy? Well WE got a cage strong enough to hold an animal like you here!
- Felix Leiter: Captain, would you enlighten the Sheriff please?
- State Police Captain: Yes, sir. J.W., let me have a word with ya. [pulls the sheriff aside; quietly] J.W., now this fellow's from London, England. He's a Englishman workin' in cooperation with our boys, a sorta... secret agent.
- Pepper: [loudly] Secret AGENT? On WHOSE side?
- Tee-Hee: [on a telescopic wooden bridge to the crocodilian enclosure at the farm that Kananga produces heroin at; the bridge is being wound back by Adam] There are two ways to disable a croc, you know.
- James Bond: [stranded on a little island in the enclosure's big lake] I don't suppose you'd care to tell me what they are.
- Tee-Hee: One way is to take a pencil and jam it into the pressure hole behind his eye.
- Bond: And the other?
- Tee-Hee: Oh, the other way is twice as simple. [gets off the now wound-back bridge and hands the metal feeding tray to Adam as he shuts the gate] You just put your hand in his mouth [slides the gate's locking bolt into position] and pull his teeth out. [starts laughing loudly as he, Adam and the other two henchmen walk away to the laboratory]
- [after Kananga has been exploded by the compressed air pellet]
- Solitaire: Where's Kananga?
- James Bond: Well he always did have an over-inflated opinion of himself.
- Roger Moore is James Bond
- More Action. More Excitement. More Adventure.
- Roger Moore - James Bond
- Yaphet Kotto - Kananga / Mr. Big
- Jane Seymour - Solitaire
- Clifton James - Sheriff Pepper
- Julius Harris - Tee Hee Johnson
- Geoffrey Holder - Baron Samedi
- David Hedison - Felix Leiter
- Gloria Hendry - Rosie Carver
- Bernard Lee - M
- Lois Maxwell - Miss Moneypenny
- Live and Let Die quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Live and Let Die at Rotten Tomatoes