Little Annie Rooney
1925 film directed by William Beaudine
Little Annie Rooney is a 1925 silent film about a tough young ragamuffin named Annie Rooney, who lives in the tenements among an international community, but their neighborhood may be threatened by a dangerous street gang.
A romping rollicking story with more laughs than you ever had in one setting!(taglines)
- Up town a gang calls itself "Society" -- down town a gang calls itself a "Gang" and lets it go at that - Let's go down town!
- Abie Levy was not allowed to fight because it was a holiday.
- The "Big Kellys" - whose hardest work was selling tickets to a dance for the benefit of their bail fund.
- To end a fight some one must quit - - but in this case both leaders happened to be Irish.
Little Annie RooneyEdit
- You pug-nosed Mick -- I'll knock your block off for that.
- Why, Daddy, dear, you don't think I would do anything like that - do you, Daddy dear?
- It ain't no fun fightin' a girl! C'mon, le'ts go home!
- Spider: G'wan, Tim Rooney, I don't shake hands with no cop's son!
- Chubby Kid: Now we're gonna have the real show with a genuwine horse - anybody what don't like it will get a bust on the beezer!
- Joe Kelley: Shame on you - fightin' a girl!
- Mickey: She ain't no girl - she's a wildcat!
- Little Annie Rooney: Doctor, is he going to die?
- Young Hospital Intern: It's an emergency case. Immediate blood transfusion might save him.
- Little Annie Rooney: What does that mean, Mister?
- Reporter: It means that someone will have to give their blood to save his life - right away.
- Little Annie Rooney: Doctor, please let me do it, please!
- Young Hospital Intern: I'm afraid you're too small.
- Little Annie Rooney: But, if he dies, they'll put my brother in jail! My brother shot him.
- Reporter: Why not take her? It's either that or let him croak. Besides - it will make a peach of a story.
- Little Annie Rooney: Say, Doc, this transformation business don't make us brother and sister, does it?
- Surgeon: No. Why?
- Little Annie Rooney: Cause when I grow up I might wanna marry him.
- OUR MARY - As you like her best---a broth of a brat ready to fight at the drop of a hat---and drop the hat!
- A romping rollicking story with more laughs than you ever had in one setting!