Canadian model (born 1965)
Linda Evangelista (born May 10, 1965, in St. Catharines, Ontario) is a Canadian fashion model and one of the top supermodels from the 1990s. She is regarded as one of the most accomplished and influential models of all time, and has been featured on over 700 magazine covers. Evangelista is primarily known for being the longtime "muse" of photographer Steven Meisel, as well as for the phrase: "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day."
|This model article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have this expression, Christy and I: We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day.
- Spoken in Vogue (1990) to Jonathan Van Meter, talking about money and how she and a few other models were calling the shots and changing the game: Christy refers to supermodel Christy Turlington
- Often misquoted as: "We don't get out of bed for less than..." or "I don't get out of bed for less than..."
- I feel like those words are going to be engraved on my tombstone. It was brought up every single time I did an interview. I apologized for it; I acknowledged it; I said it was true; I said it was a joke. Do I regret it? I used to regret. Not anymore. I don't regret anything anymore. Would I hope that I would never say something like that ever again? Yes. Am I capable of saying something like that again? I hope not.
- Vogue, (Sept. 2001): About the Vogue (1990) quote.