|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have this expression, Christy and I: We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day.
- Spoken in Vogue (1990) to Jonathan Van Meter, talking about money and how she and a few other models were calling the shots and changing the game: Christy refers to supermodel Christy Turlington
- Often misquoted as: "We don't get out of bed for less than..." or "I don't get out of bed for less than..."
- I feel like those words are going to be engraved on my tombstone. It was brought up every single time I did an interview. I apologized for it; I acknowledged it; I said it was true; I said it was a joke. Do I regret it? I used to regret. Not anymore. I don't regret anything anymore. Would I hope that I would never say something like that ever again? Yes. Am I capable of saying something like that again? I hope not.
- Vogue, (Sept. 2001): About the Vogue (1990) quote.