former Chairman of the Kuomintang
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I believe that the peaceful development of cross-Strait ties will continue to be deepened and institutionalized.
- Lien Chan (2013) cited in "Hu Jintao meets Lien Chan, urging further co-op" on China Daily, 26 February 2013
- One China; peace on both sides of the (Taiwan) Strait; mutually beneficial integration; strive for a Chinese revival.
- Lien Chan (2013) cited in "Inside China: Taiwan VIP’s pilgrimage to Beijing" on The Washington Times, 7 March 2013
- Both of our (Mainland China and Taiwan) legal and governance systems were built following the 'one China' structure. That is why cross-strait relations are not state-to-state relations and there is no room for Taiwanese independence.
- Lien Chan (2018) cited in "Lien Chan says no room for Taiwanese independence in talks with Xi Jinping" on Taipei Times, 14 July 2018