Li Zhanshu (Chinese: 栗战书) (born August 30, 1950) is a Chinese retired politician, who was the chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress from 2018 to 2023.
- China is working to maintain the right balance between proper COVID-19 containment and sound socio-economic development, and will stay committed to deepening reform and opening-up. We will make every effort to overcome the impact of the virus, complete the building of a moderately prosperous society in all respects, and secure an ultimate victory in the battle against extreme poverty.
- The sudden onslaught of COVID-19 once again reminds us that the interests of all countries are intertwined, and future of all humanity interconnected.
- We need to support political resolution of regional hot-spots, firmly oppose unilateralism, hegemony and power politics, and stand against any interference in other countries’ internal affairs. These efforts will help steer the reform of the global governance system in the right direction and uphold global fairness and justice.
- With unity and collective wisdom, we can accomplish any goal. I am confident that with the spirit of partnership and cooperation, we will be able to prevail over the virus, build an open, inclusive, clean and beautiful world with lasting peace, universal security and common development, and together foster a community with a shared future for mankind.
- China will continue to work with the international community and take sustained and strong measures to ensure that the two initiatives take root and bear fruit, so as to bring tangible benefits to people around the world.
- In this new environment, it is important to actively promote cooperation on both the bilateral and multilateral tracks in order to effectively curb numerous threats, both traditional and new.
- China opposes the approach where one’s own absolute security is achieved at the expense and to the detriment of the security of other actors.
- On the Ukraine issue, for example, the United States and NATO are expanding directly on Russia's doorstep, threatening Russia's national security and the lives of Russian citizens. Given the circumstances, Russia has taken necessary measures. China understands, and we are coordinating on various aspects.