Legion (TV series)
Legion (2017-2019) is an American cable television series created for FX by Noah Hawley, based on the Marvel Comics character David Haller / Legion. It is connected to the X-Men film series, the first television series to do so, and is produced by FX Productions in association with Marvel Television. Hawley serves as showrunner on the series. Dan Stevens stars as Haller, a mutant diagnosed with schizophrenia at a young age. Rachel Keller, Aubrey Plaza, Bill Irwin, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder, Katie Aselton, and Jean Smart also star.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Chapter 1 [1.01]Edit
- Amy Haller: So, do they let you throw a little party here, or...?
- David Haller: Yeah, they clear out the furniture. We get a DJ.
- Amy Haller: Really?
- David Haller: No. We do get better drugs, though.
- Amy Haller: Really?
- David Haller: No. It's just Thursday. My 260th Thursday as a passenger on the cruise ship Mental Health. On the plus side, I have mastered the art of eating with a spoon, so...
- Dr. Kissinger: You have something to add?
- Syd Barrett: No. Please keep talking so we can all pretend that our problems are just in our heads.
- David Haller: What does that mean?
- Syd Barrett: It means that you're in here because somebody said you're not normal. Like normal is this suit we're all supposed to... But you know who else wasn't normal? Picasso, Einstein.
- Lenny Busker: Ooh, I like her. I like you. You got what the kids these days call moxie.
- Lenny Busker: Why are the hot ones always so crazy?
- David Haller: You know, when a plate breaks, you don't fix it. You just get another plate. So I tied a knot.
- Clark Debussy: Okay, so I'm clear, you're saying after you entered the body of a woman and escaped from a mental hospital where all the patients had magically been sealed inside of their rooms, you think you saw me getting out of a car?
- David Haller: Well, you don't have to be a dick about it, and, yes, it was you.
Chapter 2 [1.02]Edit
Chapter 3 [1.03]Edit
Chapter 4 [1.04]Edit
Chapter 5 [1.05]Edit
Chapter 6 [1.06]Edit
Chapter 7 [1.07]Edit
Chapter 8 [1.08]Edit
Chapter 9 [2.01]Edit
Chapter 10 [2.02]Edit
Chapter 11 [2.03]Edit
Chapter 12 [2.04]Edit
- Syd: This is not a fairy tale.
- David: It is for me. Syd do you know what love is? Is a hot bath, and what happens to things left to bath for too long? they soften, fall apart.
- David: I read the collection of stories, that of your book, at the beginning I was confused, because it brings with you the stories of sex clubs and drug addicts? and then I read this, the toxins, the masochists, the whores and those who have wasted everything, they are the brightest crown of angels in heaven.
- Syd: It's a war, love, this life, the things we face ... you said you saw the future ... and it's an apocalypse, who's going to survive? lovers or warriors? Tell us this story, that love will succeed in saving us, and instead makes us only stupid and fragile.
- David: Thank you.
- Syd: Look at me, love will not come to save us, it is what must be saved, pain makes us strong enough to do it, our scars, our anger, despair are armor. Love, God loves above all sinners because our fire shines and burns more than any other ... burns with me!!
Chapter 13 [2.05]Edit
Chapter 14 [2.06]Edit
Amy:"So, why cant you have what everyone else has? A nice home? A family?
David:"Because, I'm sick."
Chapter 15 [2.07]Edit
What have we learned? Dillusion is an idea, that an idea can be contagious; that humans are pattern-seeking animals by which I mean, we prefer ideas that fit a pattern ; in other words we don't believe what we see, we see what we believe and when we are stressed or our beliefs are challenged; when we feel threatened, the ideas we have can become irrational and one dillusion leading to another and another as a human mind struggles to maintain its identity and when this occurs, what starts as an egg can become a monster. -Narrator
Chapter 16 [2.08]Edit
Chapter 17 [2.09]Edit
Chapter 18 [2.10]Edit
Chapter 19 [2.11]Edit
Chapter 20 [3.01]Edit
Chapter 21 [3.02]Edit
Chapter 22 [3.03]Edit
Chapter 23 [3.04]Edit
Chapter 24 [3.05]Edit
Chapter 25 [3.06]Edit
Chapter 26 [3.07]Edit
Chapter 27 [3.08]Edit
- [The last lines of the series]
- David: Are you not surprised to see me?
- Syd: She told me. Switch. I get to do it all over again. This life.
- David: Yeah. And I bet you're gonna turn out extraordinary. Without me around.
- Syd: Yeah. I am.
- David: Sorry.
- Syd: I like your mom.
- David: Yeah. I'm looking forward to getting to know her.
- Syd: So now what? We just sort of...
- David: Fade away. Into the ether. I have to say, I didn't think you'd help me.
- Syd: I didn't. [Looks at baby David] I helped him. David.
- David: Yeah?
- Syd: Be a good boy.
- [Looking at baby David, the two fade away]
- Dan Stevens - David Haller
- Rachel Keller - Syd Barrett
- Aubrey Plaza - Lenny Busker
- Bill Irwin - Cary Loudermilk
- Jeremie Harris - Ptonomy Wallace
- Amber Midthunder - Kerry Loudermilk
- Katie Aselton - Amy Haller
- Jean Smart - Melanie Bird
- Navid Negahban - Amahl Farouk / Shadow King
- Jemaine Clement - Oliver Bird
- Hamish Linklater - Clark Debussy