Legion (2010 film)
2010 film by Scott Stewart
Legion is a 2010 American apocalyptic/fantasy-horror film, about a group of strangers armed and united by the Archangel Michael, to protect a waitress and her sacred unborn child from the relentless, bloody seige of a demonic legion of angels.
- When I was a little girl, my mother would remind me each night before bed to open up my heart to God, for he was kind, merciful and just. Things changed when my father left a few years later, leaving her to raise me and my brothers in a place on the edge of the Mojave Desert. She never talked of a kind, merciful God again. Instead she spoke of a prophecy. Of a time when all the world would be covered in darkness and the fate of Mankind would be decided. One night I finally got up the courage to ask my mother why God had changed, why he was so mad at his children. "I don't know," she said, tucking the covers around me, "I guess he just got tired of all the bullshit."
- You got to stop carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders, Jeep.
- When God chose your kind as the object of His love, I was the first in all of heaven to bow down before you. My love, my hope for mankind was no less than His. But I have watched you trample that gift. I have watched you kill each other over race and greed... waging war over dust and rubble and the words in old books. And yet, in the midst of all this darkness, I see some people who will not be bowed. I see some people who will not give up, even when they know all hope is lost. Some people, who realize being lost is so close to being found. I see you, Jeep. Fifteen years old, your mother leaves. Your father withdraws from the world and you spend the next five years of your young life helping him find his way home. You love a woman who bears the child of another and you love her with no thought of yourself, even though you know she may never love you the way you love her. You, Jeep... you are the reason I still have faith.
- It's starting... There isn’t much time.
- I'm following my own orders now.
- There's a safety switch on the side of your weapon, Push it all the way down. Two clicks. Now when this starts, you hold on tight. Otherwise you're gonna blow your hand off.
- We need to figure out our weapon situation. Hopefully Michael didn't take everything out of the car.
- Who would be crazy enough to steal a cop car?
- (to Jeep) Hey. Hood's up on this car. That mean anything to you?
- (to Jeep) You know your mother thought I was crazy. For wanting to buy this place. It's all the way up here, in the middle of nowhere, But I just knew it was something I had to do. I couldn't explain it either. Just like you.
- (about Gladys) I can't believe she was still standing after Percy hit her with that frying pan.
- (to Michael) Alright, Rambo. You got us up here. You mind telling us what we're fighting?
- (to Bob) I told you to get the satellite TV. But you didn't want to listen.
- (to Michael) Now I'm sure you don't want to go spilling blood for no good reason, in front of all these decent people.
- Angel: (possessing the cop) What are you doing, Michael? These weren't your orders.
- Gladys Foster: You will never save her!
- Howard: Audrey. Honey, listen. It's the Ice Cream Man.
- Possessed Girl: See what you made me do, mother?!
- Charlie: Why do you have so much faith in me, Jeep? God knows I've never given you or anybody a reason to. Or is it just that you don't have any other hard-luck cases to follow around, is that it?
- Jeep: (acidly) No. You're not the only one who’s had it hard around here, okay? Let me know when you stop feeling sorry for yourself.
- Gladys Foster: But what about the baby?
- Charlie: I got it under control.
- Gladys Foster: But it's gonna burn.
- Charlie: (startled) What did you just say?
- Gladys Foster: I said , your fucking baby is going to burn.
- Sandra: Gladys---
- Gladys Foster: Shut up!, you stupid, fucking cunt! All you do is complain!, complain!, complain!
- Michael: Find the Prophets. Learn to read the instructions.
- Jeep: Prophets? What Prophets? What instructions?
- Michael: I knew HE'd send you, Gabriel. You were always so eager to please Him.
- Gabriel: Unlike you... the rebellious son. (looking to Michael's back) Your wings. They would have helped you now.
- Michael: To not feel that burden is a dream.
- Gabriel: You think you can defy Him and not pay the price?
- Michael: The child lives... It doesn't matter what happens to me.
- Gabriel: Yours is a fools sacrifice, Michael. You can help them run but they won't escape.
- Michael: I'm not running anymore.
- Gabriel: (after he is spared by Michael) I wouldn't have shown you such mercy.
- Michael: That is why you failed Him.
- Charlie: You do too much worrying. About this place. About your dad. About me.
- Jeep: You're the only thing I like to worry about.
- Charlie: See what I mean? You're worried about a girl that's eight months pregnant and it isn't your baby. It's enough to give anybody nightmares.
- Jeep: Go ahead and make fun of me. Everybody else does.
- Percy: (about the tv) Lord as my witness, Bob, one of these days that thing's gonna hit you back.
- Bob: (hitting the tv again) What are you talking about, Percy? We got a special relationship here.
- Percy: Yeah, they got names for that kind of relationship.
- Kyle: Are there any phones around here that actually work?
- Charlie: Bob will probably let you use the diner phone if you ask him nice. Maybe pay him a little something.
- Bob: You best not be smoking again. Not in your condition.
- Charlie: Bob, see where I'm at right now? Can my condition really get any worse? - Besides, you ain't one to talk.
- Bob: (walking to the back of the diner) What? I quit two years ago.
- Charlie: Yeah? So why are you still carrying that fancy lighter around for, then?
- Bob: It's a gift from my ex-wife. I'm sentimental. I wanna remember how much I hate her guts.
- Bob: (aiming the gun at Michael) Take one more step and I'll drop you right there.
- Michael: Is that how you greet all your customers?
- Bob: Mister, after what we've been through you're lucky we don't shoot you first and greet you later.
- Bob: You better start talking.
- Michael: The last time God lost faith in man he sent a flood. This time, he sent what you see outside.
- Percy: Are you saying this is the Apocalypse?
- Michael: I'm saying this is an extermination. Those things outside are just vessels. They're possessed. The weakest willed are the easiest to turn.
- Percy: I don't know what book you've been reading but in my version the angels are good guys.
- Michael: Well the truth, I'm afraid, is never that simple.
- [Michael tells that attackers are possessed by angels]
- Jeep: How do you know so much about them?
- Michael: Because until last night, I was on their side.
- Jeep: So you're saying...
- Bob: Yeah, that's right. Yesterday I was fucking Santa Claus. I mean, you know this is crazy, right? I mean, I don't even believe in God.
- Michael: Well that's just fine, Bob, he doesn't believe in you either. He doesn't believe in any of this anymore.
- Percy: I knew this day was coming, I just didn't think I'd be around to see it.
- Bob: Oh, come on, Percy! What are we even talking about this for?! Angels and possessed people! It's not real!
- Percy: Have you looked outside, Bob? I mean, those people aren't exactly our regular customers!