American actress, former model
Lee Ann Meriwether (May 27, 1935 –) is an American actress, and former model.
- To this day I don't know why they voted for me. I'm hoping that it was because I chose a talent that made them sit up. I played a 70-year-old Irish mother lamenting the loss of her last son to the sea. I took off all my makeup, wore a shawl and my father's black socks — the costume I had worn when I'd done the play when I was in high school. It was the only thing I knew to do. I'm an actress, that's what I wanted to be.
- It's genes. My mother looked great at 96. And, you know, I realized that the more you're around, the more that gravity pulls you down. And so I started rubbing up. I wash my face rubbing up, I put my makeup on up and in the shower I rub up — anyplace I can. I'm going to the gym three times a week. That also helps. And it helps to have a good feeling about people. The laugh line is going to be there whether you like it or not, so keep it there — keep it in a laugh line.
- Lee Meriwether, Miss America 1955: Pageant Is 'Very Special' (January 2, 2013)
- When I arrived, a hundred women were there [auditioning]... I raised my voice three registers, curled up in a chair, licked my hand and did ‘meow’s ,the director said, "I didn’t tell her to do any of that stuff" – but the next day I got the part. Caesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, I was so lucky to work with all of them.
- Where Are They Now? Lee Meriwether, Who Played "Catwoman" (June 9th, 2014)