American novelist, essayist, bookseller and screenwriter
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- A woman's love is like the morning dew. It's just as likely to settle on a horse turd as a rose.
- Leaving Cheyenne (1963).
- "It's really quite simple. Mr. Isinglass robbed my father, destroyed my mother, exiled my brothers, and ruined me. If I catch him asleep I'll kill him. I do hope you like this pudding. I had to ride quite a way to find the plums."
- Anything For Billy (1988).
The Late Child (1995)Edit
- "We choose our lovers for their flaws, you know," Mel said. "People would be bored shitless if they had to love only the good in someone they care about."
- "Pat, did they get you for the embezzling?" Harmony asked.
- "That, and the fact that I got stopped with a few pills in my car," Pat said. "Seventeen thousand pills, to be exact".