Kirsty Leigh Coventry Seward (born 16 September 1983) is the current Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation in the Cabinet of Zimbabwe as of September 2018. She is a Zimbabwean politician, former Olympic swimmer and world record holder, and the most decorated Olympian from Africa. She is a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and in early 2018, was elected the w:Chairperson of the IOC Athletes' Commission, the body that represents all Olympic athletes worldwide.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- "I take any opportunity I can to raise our country's flag really high and get some shining positive light on things over there."
- Website 
- "People have to remain positive and believe in those dreams."
- “Everyone at home is so supportive. People recognise me, say how proud they are of me. It's awesome to hear, it's amazing to know I can touch so many people in a positive way.”
- “in athletics, older runners tend to go for longer races, but it's the opposite in swimming because your body can't handle the endurance.”
- “is much harder to retain your position at the top than to get to the top.”
- “There are younger, stronger swimmers coming up and they are hungry. I can't influence what they do, I only know what I can do and I know how greedy I am to defend my title.”
- “I have always stayed out of politics, I don't believe it would be appropriate to talk about it.”
- “Everyone there including President Mugabe knows something needs to change because so many people are hurting.”
Quotes about Kirsty CoventryEdit
- The most successful African Olympian in history!
- The Chronicle 10 August 2021