Kings of Leon
Kings of Leon is an American rock music band that formed in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1999. The band is composed of brothers Anthony Caleb Followill (born January 14, 1982, lead vocals, rhythm guita), Ivan Nathan Followill (born June 26, 1979, drums, percussion, backing vocals) and Michael Jared Followill (born November 20, 1986, bass guitar, backing vocals), with their cousin Cameron Matthew Followill (born September 10, 1984, lead guitar, backing vocals).
Youth And Young Manhood (2003)Edit
Red Morning LightEdit
- "You know you could've been a wonder,
- Taking your circus to the sky"
- "All wrapped up in being 19,
- chasing stars that are falling"
- "It's too late for apologies,
- they're falling at my feet"
- "I feel too close to be losing touch
- By givin' in, what am I giving up?
- Am I losing way too much?"
- "I'm going so fast that I can’t slow down
- It's hard to get up when you’re spinning round and round
- I'd give you the news but nothing is changed
- I'd sing you a song but they blew it away"
- "Just another girl that wants to rule the world
- Any time or place
- And when she gets into your head
- You know she's there to stay"
- "And when you think she’s let you in,
- That's when she fades away"
- "I'm looking for something, just sink in my teeth without any crying
- But I can't find no place or nothing, where thrills are cheap and love is divine"
Holy Roller NovocaineEdit
- "I don't care if you're by yourself
- Or you're all alone when you need my help
- Keep that smile on your pretty face
- Cause you don't have much I can't take away"
- "Life goes by on a Talihina sky"
Aha Shake Heartbreak (2004)Edit
- We drank wine in the matinee
And the spotlight showed what I chased away
- I'll be the one to show you the way
You'll be the one to always complain
- The Bucket
- At least there's a record that I'll love to play,
Dreaming about a place I'll never see
- Day Old Blues
Because Of The Times (2007)Edit
Black Thumbnail Edit
- "Don’t take these boots off me when you think I’m dead
- I’ll still be running from the demon in my head
- I’ll be that person till my dying day
- I try so awful hard but I can’t change"
True Love WayEdit
- "I want in like a substitute
- I’ve been working awful hard for you
- But you don’t say you just hold your breath
- So I can’t touch what I haven’t yet"
- "She’s a cold one and it hurts me so
- It’s a dark path and a heck of a toll"
- "We'd be so free; happy alone"
- "Pushing and pulling weight
- It’s the hard part but the true love way"
- "And I feel crazy when I see your face"
- "Make me feel like I’m the one who moves you;
- The only one you see"
- "And it’s cold;
- And it’s cold when you’re near"
- "I kind of think I like her
- Kind of think I do"
My Third HouseEdit
- "You blow me away
- When you don't try"
Only By The Night (2008)Edit
- Stranded in a spooky town
Spotlights are swaying and
The phone lines are down
Floor is crackling cold
She took my heart,
I think she took my soul
With the moon I'll run
Far from the carnage of the fiery sun
- Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat
I hope it's gonna make you notice, someone like me
- Use Somebody
- I get lost in the light, so high I don’t want to come down
To face the loss of the good thing that I had found
- So I drink and I smoke and I ask if you’re ever around
Even though it was me that drove us right in the ground
- See the time we shared it was precious to me
But all the while I was dreaming of revelry
- Born to run, baby run like a stream down a mountainside
With the wind at my back I don’t ever even bat an eye
Just know it was you all along who had a hold of my heart "
- Everything just felt so incomplete;
dreaming of revelry"
- Given the chance, I’m gonna be somebody
If for one dance, I’m gonna be somebody
Open the door, it’s gonna make you love me
- Be Somebody
- Everyone noticed, everyone has seen the signs
I’ve always been known to cross lines
I never ever cried when I was feeling down
I’ve always been scared of the sound
Jesus don’t love me and no one ever carried my load
I’m too young to feel this old
- Cold Desert