King Kong (1976 film)
1976 film directed by John Guillermin
The most exciting original motion picture event of all time. Tagline
- There is a girl out there who might be running for her life from some gigantic turned-on ape.
- I'm Dwan. D-W-A-N, Dwan. That's my name. You know, like Dawn, except that I switched two letters to make it more memorable.
- You know I had my horoscope done before I flew out to Hong Kong. And it said that I was going to cross over water and meet the biggest person in my life.
- You Goddamn chauvinist pig ape!
- To Kong
- Did you ever meet anyone before whose life was saved by “Deep Throat”?
- Lights! Camera! Kong!
- Take plenty of TNT when you go inland. Any sign of a monkey bigger than four feet, send him bang-bang.
- [First lines]
- Joe Perko: OK, Boan, how much you got here?
- Boan: About eighteen hundred.
- Joe Perko: Eighteen hundred? What's going on?
- Boan: There's Bagley.
- Joe Parko: Hey, Mr. Bagley! Something haywire. They only loaded me enough pipe to push one test hole. Less than two thousand feet.
- Roy Bagley: Yeah, that'll be enough.
- Boan: Are you kidding? On Bagatan, we didn't come until we were past twenty-six thousand feet.
- Roy Bagley: You take my word, fellas. This hole proves out within two thousand, or it's a write-off.
- Fred Wilson: [As the “Petrox Explorer” comes in sight of Skull Island] Did you ever wonder how Hernando Cortez felt when he discovered the Lost Treasure of the Incas?
- Jack Prescott: That wasn't Cortez; it was Pizarro. And he died flat broke
- Jack Prescott: Kong! Kong! Kong! Kong! you heard them chant that! He exists. You saw the wall, right? Now who the hell do you think they're planning to give that girl to?
- Fred Wilson: It's some nutty religion. A priest gets dressed up like an ape and gets laid.
- Jack Prescott: Even an environmental rapist like you wouldn't be asshole enough to destroy a unique new species of animal.
- Fred Wilson: Bet me.
- Dwan: How can I become a star because of... because of someone who was stolen off that gorgeous island and locked up in that lousy oil tank?
- Fred Wilson: It's not someone! It's an animal, a beast who tried to rape you.
- Dwan: That's not true. He risked his life to save me.
- Fred Wilson: Before you cry your eyes out, honey, you should ask the natives on that island what they thought of losing Kong.
- Jack Prescott: Actually, they'll miss him a lot.
- Fred Wilson: Like leprosy.
- Jack Prescott: No, that's where you're dead wrong. He was the terror, the mystery, and the magic in their lives. A year from now, that will be an island full of burnt-out drunks. When we took Kong, we kidnapped their God.
- The most exciting original motion picture event of all time.
- On this small island lies the biggest discovery on Earth.
- This is one monkey you don't want on your back.