American country singer and songwriter
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I see the town
Where we were born,
I see the place
We were raised,
I see all the things you wanted
That I never gave.
I see sadness,
I see sorrow,
I see pain in your face,
But I just can't see
A stranger in my place.
- I can see now
Where you might grow tired of dreams
That don't come true,
I can see where I have fallen short
Of the things I promised you.
I can see now through my tear filled eyes no love on your face,
I must get used to seein' strangers in my place.
- "A Stranger in My Place" (co-written with Kin Vassy), on Something's Burning (1970)
- You touched my soul with your beautiful song
You even had me singin' along right with you, you said
"I need you", then you changed the words and added harmony
Then you sang the song you had written for me to someone new
Oh, but nobody sings a love song quite like you do
Oh, and nobody else can make me sing along
Nobody else can make me feel things are right
When I know they're wrong,
Nobody sings a love song quite like you.
- Sing your song sweet music man, I believe in you.
- "Sweet Music Man", on Daytime Friends (1977)
- Something's got a hold on me
It's cheap but it ain' free
Love or somethin like it's got a hold on me.
- Right when a man's, doin all that he planned
And he thinks he's got just what he needs
Life will deliver, a shot that will shiver him
Drivin him down to his knees
Make him start giving, living, livin' again.
Well it's your mind, that tricks you in believin' everytime
Love will turn you around, turn you around
Well it's your heart, that talks you into stayin' where you are
Love will turn you around, turn you around.
- When you're not here by my side
There is nothing in this world for me.
I guess I'm crazy
Crazy for you can't you see.
- If you wanna find gold
Go looking in the mountains
If you wanna find silver
Go digging in stones
If you wanna find heaven
Go reading in the Bible
If you wanna find love
Go looking at home.
- A smart man isn't necessarily one who knows all the answers, but knows where to find them.
- Kenny Rogers Going Home (1995)
Quotes about RogersEdit
- You never know how much you love somebody until they’re gone. I’ve had so many wonderful years and wonderful times with my friend Kenny, but above all the music and the success I loved him as a wonderful man and a true friend.