Kelly Brianne Clarkson (born April 24, 1982) is an American singer-songwriter and actress who has enjoyed success in the pop and rock music genres. Clarkson made her debut under RCA Records after she won the highly publicized first season of the television series American Idol in 2002.
- I'm usually barefoot. That's how I'm most comfortable. I like my feet to be on the ground. I like to jump around, I like to fly across the stage.
- From Entertainment Weekly, December 24, 2003
- This sad story always ends the same
Me standing in the pouring rain.
- She looked in the mirror and thought today
'What happened to miss no-longer-afraid?'
- Here I am, once again,
I'm torn into pieces.
Can't deny it, can't pretend;
Just thought you were the one.
Broken up, deep inside,
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes.
- Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk.
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me.
Because of you, I am afraid.
- I've always dreamed that love would be effortless
Like a petal falling to the ground; a dreamer following his dream.
- "Where Is Your Heart?", written by Clarkson, Hodges, and Moody
- I'm looking for attention, not another question.
Should you stay or should you go?
Well, if you don't have the answer,
Why are you still standin' here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey,
Just walk away.
- I'm restless and wild
I fall, but I try
I need someone to understand.
- "Hear Me", written by Clarkson, DioGuardi, and Clif Magness
My December (2007)Edit
- I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green.
I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me.
I would never wish bad things, but I don't wish you well.
Could you tell, by the flames that burned your words?
- "Never Again", written by Clarkson and Jimmy Messer
All I Ever Wanted (2009)Edit
- Remember all the things we wanted?
Now all our memories, they're haunted.
We were always meant to say goodbye,
Even with our fists held high.
It never would've worked out right, yeah.
We were never meant for do or die.
Piece by Piece (2015)Edit
- But piece by piece, he collected me
Up off the ground, where you abandoned things, yeah.
Piece by piece, he filled the holes that you burned in me
At six years old.
And you know, he never walks away,
He never asks for money.
He takes care of me, he loves me.
Piece by piece, he restored my faith
That a man can be kind and a father could stay.