Indian politician who has served as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, India on five separate occasions (1924-2018)
- I always give 'rest to rest' and hope I will not retire from active politics.
- Chief Minister's speech to the media, rest for politics (14 December 2006) [specific citation needed]
- On behalf of the people of Tamil Nadu I convey our good wishes to you on creating a world record by scoring double century in one day internationals at Gwalior. We are highly delighted that you have surpassed all the previous records in this regard
- M Karunanidhi in a telegram congratulating Sachin Tendulkar for scoring a double century in a ODI match [specific citation needed]
- She is out on bail after spending six months in jail. If everyone is united in their heartfelt welcome, everyone will be happy.
- About his daughter and party MP Kanimozhi I am extremely happy, says Karunanidhi
- The recent announcement that the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Mr. Karunanidhi will patronize screening of the mega budget movie on Saint Thomas and his fictitious missionary activities in the first century in Tamil Nadu, read with the Union Government's decision to cancel the allotment of forest land to the Amarnath Shrine Board intended for creating facilities for housing and parking Hindu pilgrims, are a part of the pernicious and sinister attempt to put the Hindus under siege, about which I have been warning the nation for the last three years.
- Dr. Subramanian Swamy, President of the Janata Party, 2010. , quoted in Ishwar Sharan. The Myth of Saint Thomas and the Mylapore Shiva Temple. Third edition. 2010.