Indian lawyer and politician
- I am extremely pained by the methodology adopted by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in coming to some figures which have no basis whatsoever. Their exercise was fraught with very serious errors.
- On the claims of loss of revenue during the allocation of 2G spectrum, as quoted in Kapil Sibal trashes CAG math on Rs 1.76 lakh-cr 2G loss, The Economic Times (8 January 2011)
- What kids see on the internet is mostly pornography and that is dangerous. The internet is being used as a platform for misinformation, selling spurious drugs and for terrorist activities. It is a great medium but being misused to bring about disaffection among people.
- On the internet, as quoted in Kids mostly watch porn on internet, says Sibal, The Times of India (11 September 2012)
- Sometimes it’s difficult in politics to actually tell the truth.
- As quoted in Kapil Sibal Waxes Poetic, Wall Street Journal (21 January 2012)
- Freedom of expression doesn't mean tweeting through fake accounts. If the government has to be transparent, Twitterati should also reciprocate. This will help stop defamatory and criminal traffic on the Net. We should amend the law to force disclosure of identity.
- On internet anonymity, as quoted in The govt does not understand social media nor does it know how to deal with it, says Kapil Sibal, India Today (26 January 2013)
- Telecom was the golden goose which laid the golden egg. The Supreme Court ensured that the golden goose will never lay golden egg again for a little while.
- On the Supreme Court's decision to cancel 2G spectrum licences, as quoted in Telecom sector not to lay 'golden egg' for a while, thanks to Supreme Court: Kapil Sibal, The Economic Times (3 April 2013)
- We did not receive cooperation from various departments, but still we are able to provide the tablet to the people.
- On the Aakash tablet project, as quoted in Did not receive enough support for Aakash tablet project: Kapil Sibal, DNA India (24 December 2013)
- Producers nowadays want item numbers. So I have penned one for this film. Cinema is the most effective way of creating awareness and spreading social message. Through this film I would like to convey the message of happiness, humanity and harmony.
- On composing the lyrics for a song for a film, as quoted in Kapil Sibal pens item number for Bollywood film, The Times of India (10 May 2015)