I wanted to kind of make sure that people know
that I'm here to stay, because this is home
, and I am born here…
Its all a part of this world
where we're all kind of mixing a lot, and… in that way we're all a bit confused about who we are, where we belong, where's home
, and … who is important to us…
Kalki Koechlin is an Indian actress and playwright of French descent who debuted in Anurag Kashyap's critically acclaimed 2009 Hindi film Dev.D.
- Obviously I think I've been very lucky, to start off with such a good break, and to have a film that not only was a hit but where I didn't have to compromise … in terms of doing a mindless movie — it was also a movie, for me as an actor which was very fulfilling…
- I wanted to kind of make sure that people know that I'm here to stay, because this is home, and I am born here — I'm not a foreigner in that sense.
- Interview with NewsX (27 October 2009)
- I think the chemistry we have is that we both think very dark when it comes to stories.
- On her relationship with Anurag Kashyap, in Interview with NewsX (27 October 2009)
- It's all a part of this world where we're all kind of mixing a lot, and… in that way we're all a bit confused about who we are, where we belong, where's home, and … who is important to us…
Quotes about KoechlinEdit
- Enter Chanda, the multilingual call girl who can seduce in Hindi, Tamil, English and French. With her bee-stung lips, unusual face and refreshing lack of acting guile, Kalki Koechlin imbues the part with a touching fragility.
- Dev.D is a tryst with milestone cinema, reminiscent of Baz Luhrmann's Shakespeare-shaken-and-stirred in Romeo and Juliet. Kashyap, however, gets even more adventurous and adds a progressive flourish to both the plot and the characters which are played to perfection by the three lead players. If Mahi and Kalki are riveting new finds, assured of a long innings in cinema, then Abhay Deol adds a whole new meaning to the term "Unconventional Hero".
- The clown company played by Atul Kumar, Kalki Koechlin, Sujay Saple, Neil Bhoopalam, Namit Das and Puja Sarup are outstanding in their role[s]. This is just outstanding casting by the director and The Company Theatre.
Last modified on 27 February 2014, at 02:26