1989 film by Rod Daniel
K-9 is a 1989 American action-comedy film. It was directed by Rod Daniel, written by Steven Siegel and Scott Myers, produced by Lawrence Gordon and Charles Gordon, and released by Universal City Studios.
Meet the two toughest cops in town.taglines
- Alright, let's get one thing straight: The woman is mine! Now we're both members of the animal kingdom. You know that and I know that. And we both know that this thing is really primal. So if you think you're such a badass, you just try that one more time and you're gonna end up in a pet cemetery! You remember the movie Old Yeller? You remember when they shot him in the end? I didn't cry! Now come on!
- [helicopter pilots are shooting up Dooley's car] Well, it's not the Eyewitness News Team. [flames erupt underneath Dooley's car] I think somebody is mad at me. [Dooley's car explodes] DEFINITELY somebody is mad at me.
- Lyman: Dooley, what is it about me that makes you so passionate?
- Dooley: Well, it's not your looks, Lyman. I guess it's your job.
- Lyman: And knowing your methods of law enforcement, I don't suppose that you have a search warrant?
- Dooley: Dog ate it. You can hang around his tail for an hour.
- [Dooley meets Jerry Lee]
- Brannigan: There he is, the best nose on the force. He could stick that snout in the wind right now and lead you to a stash in the middle of Tijuana.
- Dooley: Listen, I gotta be up front with you. I got a real bad feeling about this dog.
- Brannigan: Hey, tough shit. That's all I got. Not I want you to take care.
- Dooley: Don't worry about the dog.
- Brannigan: It's not the dog I'm worried about.
- [Jerry Lee has just single handedly taken out an entire bar of thugs who were roughing up Dooley]
- Dooley: I want you to know that I'm the officer in charge here, Michael Dooley not Jerry Lee.
- Jerry Lee: [looks at Dooley]
- Dooley: Don't you ever... [pause] *ever* pull anything like that again, without talking to me first.
- Jerry Lee: [puts his head down]
- Dooley: You lost it in there you know that, you lost control, we could be killed. :[pause] I needed you back here.
- Jerry Lee: [slowly lifts his head and looks at Dooley]
- Dooley: What if they ran out? [pause] You could've got them here. You understand?
- Jerry Lee: [looks down]
- Tracy: Do you know you have an animal growing out of your pants?
- Dooley: Thanks, hon. I also have a dog here.
- Meet the two toughest cops in town.
- One's just a little smarter than the other.
- Jim Belushi - Detective Michael Dooley
- Mel Harris - Tracy
- Kevin Tighe - Lyman
- Ed O'Neill - K-9 Sgt. Brannigan
- Jerry Lee - Himself
- James Handy - Lt. Byers
- Sherman Howard - Dillon
- Daniel Davis - Halstead
- Cotter Smith - Gilliam
- John Snyder - Freddie
- Pruitt Taylor Vince - Benny the Mule
- Jeff Allin - Chad
- David Haskell - Doctor
- Alan Blumenfeld - Rental Salesman
- Colleen Morris - Rolls Blonde
- Wendell Meldrum - Woman with obedient dog
- William Sadler (credited as Bill Sadler) - Salesman Don
- Dan Castellaneta - Maître d'hôtel (cameo appearance)