Jumper (2008 film)
2008 science fiction film directed by Doug Liman
Jumper is a 2008 American science fiction film, loosely based on the 1992 science fiction novel of the same name written by Steven Gould. The film follows a young man capable of teleporting as he is chased by a secret society intent on killing him.
Anywhere is possible. taglines
- You think you can go on like this forever? Living your life with no consequences? Hmm? There are always consequences!!
- You think you can hide behind a wall? Go anywhere?! Do anything?! NOT ANYMORE!!
- There are some things you can't jump, David!!
- David Rice: You live in a cave.
- Griffin: It's called a lair.
- David: Who was that?
- Griffin: A Paladin. Paladins kill jumpers, I kill Paladins, class dismissed.
- David Rice: Let me tell you about my day so far. Coffee in Paris, surfed the Maldives, took a little nap on Kilimanjaro. Oh, yeah, I got digits from this Polish chick in Rio. And then I jumped back for the final quarter of the N.B.A. finals, courtside of course. And that was all before lunch. I could go on, but all I'm saying is, I'm standing on top of the world.
- [Griffin warps back, along with some water]
- David: Where did the Paladin go?
- Griffin: Swimming.
- David: Pacific?
- Griffin: No, Atlantic. Nice little shark pit around Cuba.
- David: How they doin'?
- Receptionist: Down by six and a half. Don't think you'll be needing that umbrella.
- David: You never know.
- Griffin: You can't keep following me.
- David: Actually, I'm the one person who can.
- Griffin: [chuckles] Lucky me.
- Jungle Jumper: Okay. Okay. Why?
- Roland: Because you are an abomination. [takes out his dagger] Only God should have the power to be in all places at all times. [stabs the jungle jumper in the chest] One less of you to worry about.
- Anywhere is possible.
- Anywhere. Anything. Instantly.
- Hayden Christensen - David Rice
- Max Thieriot - 15-year-old David
- Ryan Grantham - 5-year-old David
- Rachel Bilson - Millie Harris
- Annasophia Robb - young Millie
- Samuel L. Jackson - Roland Cox
- Jamie Bell - Griffin O'Connor
- Diane Lane - Mary Rice
- Teddy Dunn - Mark Kobold
- Jesse James - young Mark
- Michael Rooker - William Rice,
- Kristen Stewart - Sophie
- Tom Hulce - Mr. Bowker
- Barbara Garrick - Ellen
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|