Spanish recording artist; singer-songwriter
Julio José Iglesias de la Cueva (September 23, 1943) is a Spanish singer, songwriter and former professional footballer.
- Everything was a bigger struggle for me, everything required a bigger effort, so I understood that the sole basis for my future was discipline, and I maintain that discipline today, at 75...I mean, going out onstage to sing is an act of discipline and of absolute passion. Passion is natural, but discipline is willpower.
- On how he credits discipline as the secret of his success in "Julio Iglesias reflects on a life that 'has been a miracle'" in AP News (2019 Jun 14)
- I regret not having taken more advantage of time — of the solidity of time, the intention of time. That’s why I don’t like to sleep much anymore. Had I known when I was 20 that I was going to be a musician, I would have taken to the piano, I would have taken the guitar more seriously, I would have perfected my knowledge of music.
- On one of his biggest regrets in "Julio Iglesias reflects on a life that 'has been a miracle'" in AP News (2019 Jun 14)
- I still have the passion in my heart. If I don’t sing, my heart doesn’t beat so strong...
- On singing in "Julio Iglesias says 50-year singing career is 'a miracle'" in Reuters (2019 Jun 5)
- The feeling is the same. You close your eyes and you are on the stage and you feel that warmth from the people.
- On performing before a live audience in "Julio Iglesias says 50-year singing career is 'a miracle'" in Reuters (2019 Jun 5)