President of the Philippines from 1998 to 2001
- "I consider myself lucky that Emil Jurado taught me English for only one semester. I'm afraid to think of what my English would now be if he had taught me any longer. This is what I get for having been attentive during his class."
- In his foreword to ERAPtion: How to Speak English Without Really Trial
- "The Japanese, the Chinese and other Asian countries speak their dialect (when dealing with other countries) -- I don't see why we Filipinos cannot speak our own dialect."
- "On a scale of 1 to 10, I give myself 70 percent."
- "A joke of a presidency" (November 22, 2000)
- “They threw at me not just the kitchen sink but also the toilet bowl."
- "Estrada Begins Unlikely Comeback in Philippines" (October 28, 2009)
- "Cleanliness starts in the toilet."
- "Estrada lectures Quinta Market vendors on cleanliness" (April 20, 2017)
Further Reading edit
- ERAPtion: How to Speak English Without Really Trial (1994) by Emil P. Jurado and Reli L. German. An Estrada-themed joke book.