Johnny English Reborn
2011 film directed by Oliver Parker
Johnny English Reborn (released in some countries as Johnny English Returns) is a 2011 British spy comedy film parodying the James Bond secret agent genre. The film is the sequel to Johnny English (2003)
- Directed by Oliver Parker. Written by Hamish McColl
- Quartermain: This way. Haven't got all day. Don't! (too late; English presses "Enter" on a nearby laptop, firing a disc. The disc flies across the aisle and slices the entire head clean off of a dummy, which an agent catches) Would you stop meddling, English? (guides English over to a luxurious car) Here she is.
- English: Ahh, the Rolls-Royce Phantom. Truly the Rolls-Royce of automobiles.
- Quartermain: Armour plating, all the bells and whistles. Say "bonnet."
- English: Bonnet.
- Car's computer: Command accepted. (the bonnet opens)
- Quartermain: Voice activation recognizes only you. Rolls has fitted one of their experimental engines, the nine-litre V16. Goes like the wind... only quieter.
- English: Beautiful.
- Quartermain: Keep up. (leads English to a table laid out with gadgets that all look completely innocent) Here's what you'll be taking to Hong Kong.
- English: Ah, yes.
- Quartermain: (holds up a socket extension) A satellite receiver, (holds up a comb) tracking device, (holds up a pack of gum) Semtex chewing gum... (English grabs a small digital camera) Ah! Now, what did I just say? (English clicks the shutter, firing a mini-dart out of the lens. The dart goes directly through the rump of a dummy and into the buttocks of an agent. The other agents laugh and English chuckles sheepishly) That's the new P2 digital dart gun.
- (Tucker and English approach a cliff)
- Tucker: What are you doing, sir?
- English: Regulation 75-1, never question a senior agent in the field (jumps off the cliff) .
- Monastery chief: MI7. Wants you on the first flight back to London.
- English: (in a sad tone) Master. Am I ready?
- (The music builds up)
- Chief: No.
- A little intelligence goes a long way
- Laugh at the face of danger
- One man. One mission. No chance.
- Rowan Atkinson - MI7 Agent Johnny English
- Gillian Anderson - MI7 Head Pamela Thornton/Pegasus
- Rosamund Pike - Kate Sumner
- Daniel Kaluuya - Agent Colin Tucker
- Tim McInnerny - Patch Quartermain
- Dominic West - Simon Ambrose
- Mark Ivanir - Artem Karlenko
- Richard Schiff - Titus Fisher
- Pik-Sen Lim - the Killer Cleaner
- Burn Gorman - Slater
- Joséphine de La Baume - Madeleine
- Stephen Campbell Moore - British Prime Minister
- Lobo Chan - Xiang Ping
- Togo Igawa - Ting Wang
- Ellen Thomas - Colin Tucker's mother
- Miles Jupp as an MI7 technician