American video game designer
Alfonso John Romero (born October 28, 1967) is a famous figure in the computer gaming industry. He is best known as a co-founder of id Software and lead designer of their groundbreaking first-person shooter games Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake.
- It has to be well timed. It needs to have the right components that maybe contain emerging technologies or something like, say, when Doom came out -- the Network play -- there weren't many games like that. There was a really great 3D world that a lot of people hadn't seen. It was light-years ahead of Wolfenstein. It was shareware, so it had Internet distribution. We used the Internet to get it all over the place. So it used a lot of stuff that was just becoming popular at that time. id just capitalized on it.
- In response to the question, "What makes a classic game?" (quoted from Romero's own webpage)
- Doom 2 is just such a bigger, badder, better version of Doom
- Trans rights!
- As a guest on Hbomberguy's Donkey Kong 64 Charity Livestream
- Design is Law
- Ion Storm website and ad phrase.
- John Romero's About to Make You His Bitch.
- Suck it Down.
- Quotes from the ads for Daikatana three years before it came out. Source: Gamespy