American lawyer, politician
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We have a cancer within, close to the presidency, that's growing.
- I'm anything but skittish about government, but I must say this administration is truly scary and, given the times we live in, frighteningly dangerous.
- Dean, John (2004). Worse Than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush. Little, Brown & Company. ISBN 0641735421.
- This memorandum addresses the matter of how we can maximize the fact of our incumbency in dealing with persons known to be active in their opposition to our Administration, Stated a bit more bluntly—how we can use the available federal machinery to screw our political enemies.
- Memorandum from Dean to Lawrence Higby dated August 16, 1971, regarding the purpose of Nixon's Enemies List
Authoritarian Nightmare (2020)Edit
- Brooklyn: Melville House. Co-written with Bob Altemeyer in third-person narrative style.
- Eternal vigilance. Remember, no one said democracy would be easy.
- p. 282