Italian Roman Catholic priest, educator and writer
St. John Bosco, (Giovanni Melchiorre Bosco; 16 August 1815 - 31 January 1888), popularly known as Don Bosco, was an Italian Roman Catholic priest of the Latin Church, educator and writer of the 19th century.
- Serve the Lord joyfully! [Servite Domino in laetitia!]
- "If young people are educated properly, we have moral order; if not, vice and disorder prevail. Religion alone can initiate and achieve a true education."
- Be cheerful, do good, and let the sparrows chirp.
- Not with violence, but with words.
- I'll wait for all my young people in heaven.
- Those who pray take care of the most important of all.
- With the works of charity we closed the doors of hell and open ourselves to the sky.