James Christian "Jimmy" Kimmel (born November 13, 1967) is an American television host and comedian. Before his current position as host of Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC, Kimmel was well-known as co-host of Comedy Central's The Man Show. Kimmel is also a successful television producer, with popular shows including Crank Yankers and The Andy Milonakis Show to his credit.
- There were a lot of people who didn't think we'd get to this milestone.
- I'm not seen as classy enough to host the Oscars.
- Chris Ayres (March 6, 2008) The Times, "Sex, lies and YouTube - Interview", p. 24.
- Though it makes me sick to do so without my writers, there are more than a hundred people whose financial well-being depends on our show. It is time to go back to work.
- There's something comforting and pleasurable about watching people win money.
- I'm on the Internet a lot more than I watch TV and most everybody I know is, and yet if you watch most late-night talk shows, it's as if it doesn't even exist. So the Internet, it's just something I wanted to make use of in some way. I was fascinated by what appeared to be a child singing this song. It just struck me as funny.
- I believe that David Letterman is the greatest talk show host that ever hosted a talk show. He'd be the last person to say that and he'd probably be horrified to hear that, but I really do believe that. Anything I do, I feel, is a pale imitation at best of what he does. I just try to do whatever I can not to imitate him, because that is the inclination when you idolize somebody, when you watch the show every night growing up as a kid.
- Julie Hinds (January 29, 2006) "Jimmy Kimmel Loves Detroit - The Late-Night Host Makes Nice As He Brings His Show To The City For Super Bowl Week", Detroit Free Press, p. 1M.
- I don't believe that lack of intelligence and appreciation for lowbrow comedy go hand-in-hand necessarily.
- Associated Press (January 28, 2003) "Jimmy Kimmel is living it up", The Grand Rapids Press, p. B5.
- "To be perfectly honest with you, ABC picks you to do this and then the machine goes into action and you shoot promos. But I'm still sitting in my bedroom at home going, 'Jeez, I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it.' And it's a weird situation to be in. And I guess we'll all find out.
- On getting his own late-night program, Jimmy Kimmel Live! — reported in Alan Sepinwall (January 26, 2003) "A regular guy steps into stardom", The Star-Ledger, p. 1.
- I'm excited, but I am also realistic. I have seen what happened to the people who came before me and failed. It's an unforgiving arena to be in.
- On the beginning of Jimmy Kimmel Live! — reported in Terry Morrow (January 24, 2003) "Kimmel & family head to ABC (beer's on hold)", The Knoxville News-Sentinel, p. 9.
- We use puppets because they can get away with more.
- We wanted to figure out a way to get crank phone calls on television. Watching someone on TV talking on a phone isn't that entertaining, and obviously we couldn't send a camera crew around to the people getting the calls, so it was limited to either animation or puppets. And puppets seemed halfway between cartoons and people, so that seemed like the most real way that we could do it.
- Discussing Crank Yankers — reported in Hugh Hart (May 30, 2002) "Kimmel, Carolla Pulling The Strings On Crank Calls Show", Sun-Sentinel, p. 3E.
- But you have to recognize the fact that, critically, Jimmy is great at what he does, and I think he's doing some of the best comedy in late night. I'm a very big fan.
- We've always known Jimmy's had a great deal of raw talent. It's exciting watching him use that talent to become such a dynamic and gifted late night host. The sky is the limit for Jimmy and this show.
- He's a very driven, very focused and very dedicated guy, and it's basically like a dictatorship working with him. He's not scared to tell you that your idea sucks.
- Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character ":". Jimmy Kimmel on IMDbExpression error: Unrecognized punctuation character ":".
- Jimmy Kimmel at TV.com