art collector (1895–1990)
|This article about an artist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It seems to me that art is a great miracle-it is the showing forth of the Holy Spirit transubstantiation. It is to find and proclaim the poetry of life, without which there is no life.
- Introduction, in Engrave Glass: David Peace, Cambridge 1973.
- The role of art is to give food for thought,to act as a stimulant,to entice the onlooker to inspect things, people,emotions,from a new point of view.
- Undated manuscript c 1941. Kettle's Yard archive, Cambridge.
- There should be a Kettle's Yard in every university.
- From Introduction to the Handlist 1970