American actress and producer
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990) is an American actress. She was nominated for Academy Awards for her roles in the films Winter's Bone (2010), Silver Linings Playbook (2012), and American Hustle (2013), winning for the second of these. She may be best-known for playing Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games series.
- I never did theatre or took classes, which I think has helped me. I just had instincts and they were right.
- on acting - Schneller, Johanna. "‘Thanks for raising me, but I’m going to take it from here’". theglobeandmail.com. June 11, 2010. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- My parents were the exact opposite of stage parents. They did everything in their power to keep it from happening. But it was going to happen no matter what. I was like, "Thanks for raising me, but I'm going to take it from here."
- on starting her career - Schneller, Johanna. "‘Thanks for raising me, but I’m going to take it from here’". theglobeandmail.com. June 11, 2010. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- I've always studied people and been fascinated by their reactions and feelings. And I think that's the best acting class you can take - watching real people, listening to them and studying them.
- Pond, Steve. "'Silver Linings Playbook' Oscar Nominee Jennifer Lawrence Shares Her Acting Secret: Never Sweat". movies.yahoo.com. February 15, 2013. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- I always knew that I was going to be famous. I honest to God don't know how else to describe it. I used to lie in bed and wonder, "Am I going to be a local TV person? Am I going to a motivational speaker?" It wasn't a vision. But as it's kind of happening, you have this buried understanding: "Of course."
- Van Meter, Jonathan. "The Hunger Games' Jennifer Lawrence Covers the September Issue". vogue.com. August 12, 2013. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- “It breaks my heart because America had the choice between a woman and a dangerous, dangerous jar of mayonnaise. And they were like, Well, we can’t have a woman. Let’s go with the jar of mayonnaise.”
- On the 2016 US Presidential election, Jennifer Lawrence Talks Motherhood, Causeway, and the End of Roe v. Wade (in en-US). Vogue (2022-09-06).
- "Success doesn't mean you're allowed to work less and treat people like shit."
- Everything that we think comes across in our eyes. Our eyes really are the windows to our souls, and that's why at least I can tell when somebody doesn't mean what they're saying - if you just look at them in the eye.
- “Don’t worry about unkind people. That could be a good motto because you come across people like that throughout your life.”
- It's just so bizarre in this world; if you have asthma, you take asthma medicine. If you have diabetes, you take diabetes medicine, but as soon as you have to take medication for your mind it's... there's such a stigma behind it.
- “Be strong. Don't be a follower, and always do the right thing. If you have a choice between the right thing and the wrong thing, the right way is always the less stressful.”
- If you have the choice between the right thing and the wrong thing, the right way is always less stressful.
- "The media needs to take responsibility for the effect that it has on our younger generation, on these girls who are watching these television shows, and picking up how to talk and how to be cool,"
- Strive For Strength and Health
- “You have a choice. You don’t have to be a person who spreads negativity and lies for a living. Let’s just make that choice and—it feels better.”
- "If you are going to do something that you have to lie about, don't do it, it's very simple."
Quotes about LawrenceEdit
- I've worked with some amazing actors, and I've never seen anyone with more raw talent. There's a reservoir of emotional power in her that's sort of stunning.
- director Gary Ross - Eells, Josh. "Jennifer Lawrence: America's Kick-Ass Sweetheart". rollingstone.com. April 12, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- I believe that people do their best work when they're loose - and she's very loose. She'd be on the set telling jokes and horsing around, and then she'd go into a scene and blow the roof off it. She truly inhabits every moment.
- director David O. Russell - Pond, Steve. "'Silver Linings Playbook' Oscar Nominee Jennifer Lawrence Shares Her Acting Secret: Never Sweat". movies.yahoo.com. February 15, 2013. Retrieved March 29, 2014.