Canadian politician and 18th Premier of Alberta
Jason Thomas Kenney (born May 30, 1968 in Oakville, ON) is a Canadian politician who has served as the 18th and current premier of Alberta since 2019, and as leader of the United Conservative Party (UCP) since 2017. He was the last leader of the Alberta Progressive Conservative (PC) Party before the party's merger with the Wildrose Party and subsequent dissolution later that year. He was elected the member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Calgary-Lougheed in a by-election held on December 14, 2017.
- I became president of the pro-life group in my campus and helped to lead an ultimately successful initiative petition, which led to a referendum which overturned the first gay spousal law in North America.
- Nowhere in any of the principal human rights statutes of the world is there to be found a grounding for so-called same sex marriage
- The fact is homosexuals aren’t banned from marrying under Canadian law. Marriage is open to everyone, as long as they’re a man and a woman. It doesn’t say you can’t marry if you’re a homosexual. The fact is that homosexuals have been married and do marry.
- There has been no media coverage of D Suzuki's extreme anti-immigration views.What would happen if a prominent conservative said same thing?
- 10 July 2013 regarding David Suzuki
- Suzuki’s extreme comments reveal how offside he is with Canadians
- 11 July 2013 regarding David Suzuki
- At that one very public moment, of a very public declaration of one’s loyalty to one’s fellow citizens and country, one should do so openly, proudly and publicly, without one’s face hidden.
- On banning wearing of the niqab during Canadian citizenship ceremonies (16 September 2015)
- Sometimes the government has to answer questions with ambiguous language.
- In an interview with Macleans (28 September 2016)
- I don’t think it’s right to keep secrets from parents about challenges their kids are going through.
- We’re not climate deniers, we’re climate tax deniers.
- On proposals for a carbon tax (14 March 2018)
- I know Justin. He doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing. This guy is an empty trust-fund millionaire who has the political depth of a finger bowl. He can’t read a briefing note longer than a cocktail napkin, O.K.
- On federal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (16 May 2018)
- We cannot continue indefinitely to impair the social and economic — as well as the mental health and physiological health of the broader population — for potentially a year for an influenza that does not generally threaten life apart from the elderly and the immunocompromised.
- On the COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta (28 May 2020)
- I don't accept the Alberta bashing that is going on here.
- When pressed by a journalist on his government's response to COVID-19 (9 December 2020)
- [Canada] is an imperfect country, but it is still a great country, just as John A. Macdonald was an imperfect man but was still a great leader.
- Encyclopedic article on Jason Kenney on Wikipedia
- Media related to Jason Kenney on Wikimedia Commons