- Over the years, I’ve learnt that out of challenge comes opportunity and I know if I hadn’t been tested, I wouldn’t have pushed myself or been able to discover my abilities.
- On meeting the challenges that life brings in “Interview: Jane Seymour on finding love again at 64” in The Scotsman (2015 Oct 10)
- She always taught me, ‘Open your heart when times get tough, accept what happens, live in the moment and reach out to help others as there’s always someone worse off than you’. She believed, rightly, that gives you purpose and helps you heal. So I always do my best to forgive and move forward.
- On the lessons that her Dutch mother (who was interned in a Japanese internment camp during WWII) instilled in her in “Interview: Jane Seymour on finding love again at 64” in The Scotsman (2015 Oct 10)
- When you get older, as a leading lady it gets harder…You try not to have someone else upstage or take the shine. When I play character roles I am usually playing people who are slightly over the top, so that goes fine.
- On staying the course as a leading lady in “Jane Seymour: 'I try not to let anyone upstage me'” in The Telegraph (2016 Apr 10)
- I was always left out when I was a little girl. I was different from everyone…People were jealous but I didn’t realise. I had a reunion with some school friends recently and they said, 'We were mean to you because you got special attention because you were so beautiful.’ I said, 'I wasn’t beautiful. I was gawky.’ I never ever imagined myself to look nice.
- On feeling isolated as a child in “Jane Seymour: 'I try not to let anyone upstage me'” in The Telegraph (2016 Apr 10)