Sunday Times interview (1979)Edit
- "(Still) letting the good times roll" by Jani Allan, from the Just Jani column of the Sunday Times (1979), republished in Face Value by Jani Allan.
- I've had people working for me who are film-school graduates and honestly, if they had been clapper boys or tea boys they probably would have learned more.
- Editing makes or breaks a movie, you know.
- Sex is not necessary to make a movie sell. It's enough to have a pretty girl in the movie.
- I often sneak into the cinema and watch how the audience are reacting to my movie. It teaches me so much.
About Jamie UysEdit
- He's a kind of Paul McCartney of the cinema.
- He is the most consistently successful South African movie maker around, firmly cornering the giggle market.