James Pierpont (musician)
American composer whose songs include "Jingle Bells"
- Jingle bells, Jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what joy it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh.
- Usually misquoted as "Oh! what fun it is to ride"
- "The One Horse Open Sleigh"
- If of these United States I was the President,
No man that owed another should ever pay a cent;
And he who dunn'd another should be banished far away,
And attention to the pretty girls is all a man should pay.
- "The Returned Californian"